Home

The Empire: Hunting Jedi or not? [Spoiler Warning]

Prime

I was briefly flipping through the new Vader book, and I came across an interesting section that took me by surprise.

SPOILER WARNING!

There was a conversation between Palpatine and Vader where they discuss several Jedi (3 I think) having escaped Vader. Vader was concerned about this and how his new body was limiting him. Palpatine goes on to mention that the escaped Jedi were not a concern and that it was the destruction of the Order itself that was the goal, and without that the remaining Jedi were ultimately powerless against the Empire.

I found this surprising because most of what I remember in the EU seems to give the idea that the Empire was bent on hunting down every last Jedi to extinction. Can someone who has read the entire novel clarify this? Thoughts?

Umm....you're talking about Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader right?

Well, as I see it, the Jedi are useless at the time being. Like at the moment, they can't really strike at the Empire and do significant damage. So, once they get more power they will be able to strike. So, since that rebellion will occur later, they have more significant worries to worry able at the time.

Also:

Later in the story Vader deals with them

Perhaps you could have put this into the thread about "Dark Lord"... that is what you are referring to Primeski ??

I have this book, I cant wait to read it - but Im saving it for the plane trip to LA>Mexico in June this year !!

@Prime - Long damn flight from here in Oz :( (even longer than when you came from Canada to NZ !!)

mtfbwya

Yeah i thought it was odd that palpatine didnt seem at all bothered by the jedi running around but i think he was just trying to knowingly anger vader knowing he desperatly wanted to kill the jedi but was holding him back.

In the Purge comic it seems this same way too though palpatine tells vader not too worry as the rest of the jedi will not stand any chance anyway seeing as Yoda couldnt even stop them.

vaderpalps2mz.jpg

Archived