Home

The Disciple

While I've been on this forum I've notice alot of people just don't like the Disciple. I've noticed a few people who like the Disciple but they're few and far between.

I like that Kotor 2 has the aspect of giving you more than one person to have a love interest with. In K1 if you were male it was Bastila if you were Female it was Carth or in some cases Juhani.

I like that if your a male in K2 you have Brianna or Visas and female you have Mical or Atton. The one thing I find (stay with me here people) is that Atton is the kind of "bad boy" that girls like and Mical is the "nice guy" that girls like if they break up with a "jerk". If your a male I find you don't have that option I find Visas and Brianna are very similar in their types of personality. But anywho I would just like to know what you people think of the Disciple mostly, why so many people dislike him?

Also instead of this thread going dry we can aslo talk about not only the Disciple but comparing him to Atton and also we can compare stuff about Visas and Brianna. Hope you enjoy...

Ack! Disciple - one of my favorite topics :D

I like Di. I really do.

I'll admit at first I was with everyone else. I liked Atton for my Exile, but then one day I started playing around with Miles Studio and started listening to Di's dialog files, and I'll tell you, that voice just about makes me swoon. :D

After that, I say... "Atton, who?" :xp:

Okay, okay, his in game face model IS hideous! I'll be the first to admit it. Poor thing needs some serious reconstructive surgery!

But apart from that, he sounds like a very well educated, seemingly highly intelligent character...

And shoot... I just like him. :D

While I've been on this forum I've notice alot of people just don't like the Disciple. I've noticed a few people who like the Disciple but they're few and far between.

Nothing wrong with the personality, character in general or his part in the game. But his face and his voice grates on my nerves for some reason, making me tend to avoid bringing him into the party. Give him a new head model and another voice actor and I wouldn't mind him. :)

(I think it's the accent... I can't stand the Anomen/Boromir/Martin Septim/Disciple type accent for some reason. :) )

Though I wouldn't call the Exile's relation to the Discple in the game romantic by any stretch of the word. It strikes me more like idol worship on his part.

I am big supporter of Disciple. I've defended him until my fingers were worn to the bone and my brain had turned to mush. That's not to say he's shacking up with my Exile (Heck no! That spot is reserved for Bao :D ) because she keeps seeing the boy he was not the man his is, but she is interested in him in a Master/Student relationship.

I think Di gets the short end of the stick, because he is naive (but not totally, if he was he wouldn't question the Jedi at all), and not really attractive (his hair is way too blonde for my taste) but he is also intelligent. I mean it took the Council years to figure out what the Exile was and it took Di only about, what three weeks, to figure it out?

It all depends on how you perceive Disciple. You either like him or you don't. I personally adore him, but to each there own.

I don't feel a need to justify myself because I happen to like a character that some people don't. I do and my Exile does, so that's all that matters to me. :)

I don't like Atton, but that's my taste, not yours. You can like Atton if you want, I won't hold it against you... much... :D

For the longest time, I hated the guy. I don't know why, but now, I don't mind him so much.

I think it's the way I thought of him in my female files. The first time, I couldn't help thinking; "Oh great, now I have to take this guy along with me?!"

But after a few plays, I took him in the party more often. I've actually found that he's decent with a sword, and even better once you train him as a Jedi.

I also think he has one of the most well developed back stories of the game, although that's not saying much. The most well developed, in my opinion, was G0-T0.

I think he gets a bad rap because people try to compare him to Handmaiden. Personally, I think even that comparison isn't fair, mostly because he is far more useful than she is.

I will admit that he combat vo's are really obnoxious, however that's what modding is for :D

I think he gets a bad rap because people try to compare him to Handmaiden. Personally, I think even that comparison isn't fair, mostly because he is far more useful than she is.

I agree. Though his voice sounds a lot like the actor James Mason sitting on dry ice. :D His usefulness as an NPC far outweighs his voice handicap. ;)

The reason I don't like the Disciple is that he adds very little to the story compared to the other NPCs. Everyone has a connection to the plot, e.g. Handmaiden w/ Atris, GO-TO, Mira and Hanhaar w/ the whole bounty plot - but Disciple could be completely cut from the game without detracting from the story.

In comparison, having the Handmaiden contributes to the betrayal theme of TSL if you train her as a Jedi and provides another reason for Atris' hatred of the Exile, as well as bringing Atris into the story more.

My dislike for the Disciple has nothing to do with his appearance, his voice or his performance in battle. It's just that he doesn't compensate enough storywise in Handmaiden's absence.

I think there was a lot planned for Disciple, storywise, but then the game got shoved into the fastlane.

There is an awful lot in his sound folders to do with Sith and Jedi holocrons, so that may have been what was going to tie him into the game.

Also, as he is, he knows a lot of Jedi history, so maybe that was going to be another tie in...

I think Disciple is one of the most underrated characters from K2. I am of the opinion that Obsidian MUST have still been working on him and his storyline when Lucas Arts cracked the whip, ( :whip1: ) and because of that, he is hard to relate to... but I still adore him :D

But, of course I have a highly overactive imagination too, so I can supply in his character storyline where Obsidian didn't :thmbup1:

Actually, the Disciple was made in late-production and replaced Dvakvar Grahrk who was meant to be a Jedi Knight who was falling to the Dark Side on Korriban. The quote below might explain why we never got a full-fledged Jedi Guardian in TSL unlike in KotOR 1 where we got all three in the party batch(depending on a particular choice).

Dvakvar Grahrk was originally designed to be a part of the Jedi Exile's party, but was replaced late in production by the Disciple, Mical. Prima, however, managed to obtain footage of his character before it was cut from the game and included it in an unlockable portion of their DVD guide to The Sith Lords.

But besides that I find Mical to be an interesting character, I'd have liked it if they replaced G0-T0 with him instead of leaving it to the whole "let the PC's gender determine who you get" approach.

Checked it out, and not bad, I just installed it.

Thanks. He takes a little getting used to, after seeing Disciple a certain way for so long, but I've had him in my Override folder so long now, that I sometimes forget what the REAL Disciple even looked like ;)

But besides that I find Mical to be an interesting character, I'd have liked it if they replaced G0-T0 with him instead of leaving it to the whole "let the PC's gender determine who you get" approach.

Eh, I feel your pain. I hate that droid!

Sometimes, just for giggles I change his appearance to that of the HK 51 model. Now, that's what I call entertainment :D

aha... so this is the elusive party member i have not yet..."aquired".... i just got this game on saturday, and have a random empty space in the party selection screen... so where do i get him from? sorry if this is off topic, it just seems to fit in and isnt really worth making a new thread over...

You will get either the Deciple or the Handmaiden depending on your PC's gender, males recruit Handmaiden as you leave Telos, females recruit Deciple on Dantooine in the Enclaive Sublevel. The same with Mira and Hanharr as they are dependant on your PC's alignment, LS nets you Mira while DS nets you Hanharr on Nar Shadaa. Your blank slot could be HK-47 as well, if you didn't fix him completely. *shrug* -RH

I think the Disciple is good, but his model is messed up. Is it possible to replace his model with another?

I thought the Disciples model is good, when I looked in the manual before installing I saw a pic of him and I'm like ew there must be $20 dollars of grease on his forehead alone :p But in the game he looked cool...

Now that would be a great project for a modder! I tend to take Brianna whether I'm playing male or female, and so haven't done a complete playthrough with Disciple. On the other hand, I think I'd find it disconcerting if I replaced G0-T0 with him and he started hitting on my male Exile.

Kreia also seemed to enjoy messing with Mandalore's head, kinda. Hell, whose organic head didn't Kreia like messing with? And I hated GOTO, spent the time on the yatch killing those droids and when I got off it I found myself stuck with one. Hell, I pretty much saw GOTO as a droid Kreia.

I've only played the game to almost the very end (lost my saved game in the middle of the battle with Kreia/Traya) as a DS female but Disciple seemed to lecture me quite abit about the Dark Side. That got annoying, redoing it on the Light Side and I just got Disciple in the Enclave sub-level and saved after turning him into a Jedi. So I'll see what he's like to a LightSider.

Though I heard that one of the scraped details from TSL was on Malachor V your love interest was meant to be killed off by the one you left. Like, you went for Disciple, Atton would kill him, you went for Handmaiden, Visa would kill her, vice versa. And you'd probably have to kill them after that. Try to make the game more tragic I guess.

Archived