Home

The Current Publish Plan

Alteran

So Rogue_5 has a new publish plan out. Rogue_5 has outlined 6 publishes and with each publish taking up to 3 months to complete and de-bug... we are looking at 12 months minimum (I know... this will never happen) and 18-20 months maximum... at least we can hope.

I had hoped to rejoin SWG by Sept or Oct of this year, but after seeing the publish plan I just can't think of a reason to pay for a game that won't be "completed" for another 16-20 months.

Man do I miss pre-Cu and the Cu.

So Rogue_5 has a new publish plan out. Rogue_5 has outlined 6 publishes and with each publish taking up to 3 months to complete and de-bug... we are looking at 12 months minimum (I know... this will never happen) and 18-20 months maximum... at least we can hope.

I had hoped to rejoin SWG by Sept or Oct of this year, but after seeing the publish plan I just can't think of a reason to pay for a game that won't be "completed" for another 16-20 months.

Man do I miss pre-Cu and the Cu.

And frankly i feel that is a scandal..

Guest DarthMaulUK

I find it pretty funny that suddenly, quality control has become an issue after 3 years of releasing unfinished patches, incomplete expansions and just being downright stupid.

However, today I was thinking why has this become important? The community has become used to the bug ridden game - so why, why why? Well, the answer could be.....CONSOLE release!

With NGE sporting the 'child friendly' control system combined with the fact that many console gamers would die to play this game ( as they are totally unaware in most cases) how bad the game really is. Both Microsoft and Sony have strict guidelines before a game is released on a console and naturally, Galaxies would fail even the most basic tests.

Its interesting and something to look forward to. They did plan to release on consoles, but as I mentioned, the bugs stopped it.

DMUK

yeah i remember wondering if i should get playstation 2 or xbox for it then i was like 'o it would have monthly fee' damn. monthly fee of $15 isnt so bad considering how much i play the game...and since it sortof protects my wallet from going out and buying other games...so in a way, it saves me money. *shrug*

anyway, i can also see where it could go to xbox 360...i for one, wouldn't want to play it on that. i prefer text to voice....unless they did a voice mask that would make me sound trandoshan, then it would be ****ing sweet, especially if it did like a voiceover in dosh..lol

i'm looking foreward to the battlegrounds publishes. I'm also hoping they put more stuff to do in the cities. I remember when everyone was doing that clone suit quest, that was so cool.

I find it pretty funny that suddenly, quality control has become an issue after 3 years of releasing unfinished patches, incomplete expansions and just being downright stupid.

However, today I was thinking why has this become important? The community has become used to the bug ridden game - so why, why why? Well, the answer could be.....CONSOLE release!

With NGE sporting the 'child friendly' control system combined with the fact that many console gamers would die to play this game ( as they are totally unaware in most cases) how bad the game really is. Both Microsoft and Sony have strict guidelines before a game is released on a console and naturally, Galaxies would fail even the most basic tests.

Its interesting and something to look forward to. They did plan to release on consoles, but as I mentioned, the bugs stopped it.

DMUK

TBH Darth ever since the release of the NGE its almost been destined for the PS3,they need an online app,killer or otherwise and SWG would seem to be it,really there cant be any other explanation.

I know the game will be greater than ever after all these publishes, but it'll take some time. Rome wasn't build in one day.

I would imagine rome wasnt built with bugs in it,whilst charging people to use it.

Sorry mate,i'm glad you still like the game but to come out with a statement like this is foolish.

yeah i remember wondering if i should get playstation 2 or xbox for it then i was like 'o it would have monthly fee' damn. monthly fee of $15 isnt so bad considering how much i play the game...and since it sortof protects my wallet from going out and buying other games...so in a way, it saves me money. *shrug*

anyway, i can also see where it could go to xbox 360...i for one, wouldn't want to play it on that. i prefer text to voice....unless they did a voice mask that would make me sound trandoshan, then it would be ****ing sweet, especially if it did like a voiceover in dosh..lol

i'm looking foreward to the battlegrounds publishes. I'm also hoping they put more stuff to do in the cities. I remember when everyone was doing that clone suit quest, that was so cool.

Forget the 360 wont happen on there..PS3 or nothing console wise,its a SONY game after all,and they dont like sharing anything with competitors.

I would imagine rome wasnt built with bugs in it,whilst charging people to use it.

Sorry mate,i'm glad you still like the game but to come out with a statement like this is foolish.

Let's see who would feel like a fool in 2007 my dear fozzie.

After reading more over the weekend on SWG boards and here, I too believe the goal of SOE and LA is to have SWG ported to a console version. Everyone in the industry agrees that the future of gaming will always be in the console systems. They all have the capability of having a keyboard/mouse and with the standardization of hardware for each system, making games 'work' is much much easier.

I'm not getting my hopes up any more. Until I see the finished product I'm not buying it any more. SOE and LA are not going to keep me subscribed for a worsethanbetagameafter3years any longer.

Guest DarthMaulUK

I dont think putting Galaxies on consoles is a bad idea, after all, it will most certainly increase their user base and put them in a position to compete with Warcraft.

DMUK

I dont think putting Galaxies on consoles is a bad idea, after all, it will most certainly increase their user base and put them in a position to compete with Warcraft.

DMUK

I pity the fool who wants to play Galaxies on a console, but thats just me :p I think console games are for singleplayer action games with *cough*TARGET-LOCK*cough*!!! ;D

DMUK

The success of wow has clouded everyones judgement over how successful a game can be,that game is a freak a one off,nothing more i confidently predict NO other game will come to within in the near or far future.

Until companies realise this they are always trying to play catch up against the uncatchupable,numbers wise itheres only the asian grind fests that will cover a smaller numbers base to that of WOW and for me they are crap.

SWG wether you like it or not is a failed project,the CU and NGE prove this to be true,but imagine the world without WOW for a second i wonder how the game would have evolved?

Sure there would have been a combat revision but nothing as drastic as what has gone on in the last 12 months or so,it would have evolved smoothly(i would have hoped) crafters would still have a place in the game.

But sadly WOW did come out and everyone at LA/SOE hit the panic button instead of looking at it calmly,and to me thats the biggest shame.

Archived