TMNT 2: Battle Nexus - need help

Kurgan

TMNT 2 Battle Nexus  

7 members have voted

1. 1. TMNT 2 Battle Nexus

• I have played the PC version
    • I have played some other version only
    • I have never played it, sorry...

Okay, I got this game from late 2004 cheap recently and beat it (on the PC) however I read in many reviews (and the game's credits and in the manual) that an emulation of the classic TMNT arcade game (with four players) was included. This is actually one of the main reasons I bought the game (the cell shaded 3-D game isn't that great).

Has anyone else been able to unlock the arcade game? I followed the advice of numerous sites on the web where they say you have to grab the antique on level 9-1 ("Mean Streets") and have April apraise it in the "2nd Time Around" shop, which I did, but I still don't see how to activate the arcade game.

Any help is appreciated! The Konami forums were no help (seems people rarely post and if they do they don't get their questions answered) and the official TMNT2 page there was taken down late last year. :(

If there's a patch or something I'm supposed to install that would be nice to know about as well... Thanks in advance!

When on the rooftops in stage 9-1, start smashing the many crates to find an artifact. Take that artifact back home, and give it to April. Once she appraises it, she'll tell you that it is the original TMNT aracde game. Now go to the title screen, and go under options. The original TMNT arcade game will be there.

maybe you have to change some parameter in some .dll or .ini (i mean like in Baldurs Gate 2), sorry i can't help more than this :/.

Perhaps. So far all the files I've opened in notepad just look like gibberish, or at least not parameters you can just change. :(

Thanks for the suggestion though. Most of the posts I've made in other forums have just gotten no answers...

I know it's not technically entirely legal, and if anyone here has a problem with this post let me know and I'll delete it, but why don't you find a rom of it and an emulator to play it on.

Just google for arcade emulation, and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for :)

Well if the arcade rom is what's available on this game then it ought to be legal (I wouldn't see an ethical problem with it), but anyway, let's disregard that for now. The point is I was told the arcade game is IN Battle Nexus. I was given a method for getting it. I tried the method. It's not accessible.

What gives?

I dunno how hard the game is, but did you try to start a new game? I've had stuff messed up in games where when you restart it in a new save file, it works just fine. RPGs usually act up if you do stuff out of order, but even some of the unlockable content in PoP: Sands of Time on my XBOX didn't all come to me the first time around even though I did what every guide online told me to do.

Hmm, do the whole game over? That might take some time. The levels are pretty short, but the jump puzzles suck badly, I'd hate to have to repeat those. Still, I could try doing all the levels in order (I did do them all in order until Mean Streets popped up and then I did that one before I had completed 7 and 8, I also didn't complete the last part of 6 until I'd beaten the game). Shoddy programming if the game can't handle that! Still here's my save state (surely you jest!):

Here

Whole game beaten, lots of stuff unlocked, on easy (23 antiques yet to go).

Actually the first time I tried to unlock the arcade game (again, skipped right to 9-1 as soon as it became available, didn't beat 7 and 8 first) it didn't work so I thought "I'll try 'new game' to see if maybe that's how you choose the arcade game" but sadly I had "auto save" toggled, so it erased my game. Crap! Thankfully I had a backup but it was only up to Feudal Japan so I had to replay those portions all the way up to Mean Streets (that was the second time around).

I haven't since tried to play more, but I may have time after my finals are over (May 6th).

Still, I can't be the only person on the planet to own this game and tried to get this to work... next time I'll play it precisely in order, and if it still doesn't work by then, I don't know what I'll do...

• 3 weeks later...

Dang. I got a saved from from a guy who had beaten the game on hard and unlocked everything he could find (all artifacts, all secret characters, etc). And I even set my computer clock ahead 120 days to see if anything else appeared... nothing, nada, zip.

So did Konami lie to their customers about this one? I never found any evidence of a patch and they just ignored us on the forums even though there were several people posting questions about it.

Seems I'm the only one on THIS forum who has played the game. Oh well...

Yeah. I confess I was a fan as a kid (like so many kids of our generation). I got the game not because it was any good (it got mediocre reviews, though the graphics were pretty nice), but because it was supposed to have the arcade version of the game perfectly emulated as a bonus feature (according to all the reviews). Sadly, this seems like it has now turned out not to be the case (or else Konami shipped a defective product and never owned up to it).

Oh well... not anyone here's fault of that (just Konami, a company I used to have tremendous respect for), so don't mind me!

Thanks to the folks who tried to help all the same.... That's why I posted here in the first place, you can always count on LFNers to give it a try. ;)

Yeah, I thought of that, which is why I had the saved game for hard mode and still nothing. :(

Hey, it was a short game, I wanted to finish it up quick in between study sessions, heh. Took me two days I think (and I normally take my time with games).

Of course it's a very consoley game, so the main "point" is to play it a billion times to "unlock" everything. Sadly most of the stuff you unlock is pretty lame, like simple grainy concept artwork pics or alternate costumes that do nothing. The arcade game was THE bonus item I was hoping for.

TMNT arcade, now there is a game worth remembering. ;) Back in the day, with 3 friends at Happy Joe's pizza. It always had a huge monitor and giant speakers that blew you away. It was better than watching the tv show... and I remember seeing the ending of the game for the first time. I think that was the first arcade game I ever beat that wasn't set on freeplay! (always ran out of quarters) ;)

I used to be pissed whenever I got stuck playing as Raphael, we all thought he had the weakest weapon (sai daggers)... but he had that cool sliding kick that nobody else had that we discovered later.

You can actually hook up a game still (if you're patient) through kaillera. Great fun if you get people who respect the awesomeness of this game... ;)

Yeah, I thought of that, which is why I had the saved game for hard mode and still nothing. :(

Hey, it was a short game, I wanted to finish it up quick in between study sessions, heh. Took me two days I think (and I normally take my time with games).

Of course it's a very consoley game, so the main "point" is to play it a billion times to "unlock" everything. Sadly most of the stuff you unlock is pretty lame, like simple grainy concept artwork pics or alternate costumes that do nothing. The arcade game was THE bonus item I was hoping for.

TMNT arcade, now there is a game worth remembering. ;) Back in the day, with 3 friends at Happy Joe's pizza. It always had a huge monitor and giant speakers that blew you away. It was better than watching the tv show... and I remember seeing the ending of the game for the first time. I think that was the first arcade game I ever beat that wasn't set on freeplay! (always ran out of quarters) ;)

I used to be pissed whenever I got stuck playing as Raphael, we all thought he had the weakest weapon (sai daggers)... but he had that cool sliding kick that nobody else had that we discovered later.

You can actually hook up a game still (if you're patient) through kaillera. Great fun if you get people who respect the awesomeness of this game... ;)

Dude, it was/IS an awsome game. Who was your character of choice? I always kicked ass with Donetello. (See I was into the staff thing long before my fascination with Darth Maul) Who was your's?

I guess I was always a sucker for Leonardo, just because I always liked swords. ;)

But I did play Donatello quite a bit, because his bo kicked ass (and had great range too!). Great for slamming foots against walls with... ah the memories!

Archived