• Airspeeder
    • Artillery (either rebel or imperial)
    • TIE Mauler
    • Speederbikes
    • ground troopers (including plex)
    • Inflitrators
    • AT-ST Walkers

Guest DarthMaulUK

Lets talk about our favourite ground units! Mine has to be the TIE Mauler. In large squads, they are so deadly. The self-destruct thing is lethal as well.

I was crying with laughter after playing a game online, when I got Chewie to 'acquire' one drove it straight at the enemies other Maulers and hit self destruct - took the lot out!

And how many of us have clicked the mouse button in a frantic manner when trying to avoid them coming at your units?! lol

DMUK

Artillary are my favorite. Of course, I do believe they are over powered but they do their job.

TIE Maulers are great... when they are on my team! :p Yes I have frantically tried moving huge squads of infantry from those beasts but they can move fast enough. It's depressing when your pop cap goes down by 4 just because 4 squads of infantry got crushed by those maulers! lol

Artillary are my favorite. Of course, I do believe they are over powered but they do their job.

TIE Maulers are great... when they are on my team! :p Yes I have frantically tried moving huge squads of infantry from those beasts but they can move fast enough. It's depressing when your pop cap goes down by 4 just because 4 squads of infantry got crushed by those maulers! lol

It has to be the infiltrators...and here is why...

The other day i was playing and i meant to send a group of 10 infiltrators to meet up with my group of artillery/tanks...(only units i ever use) by accident however i sent them by them selves to coruscant....(i had already taken out the space defenses)...Well i figured, shi& there already there...so i just attacked coruscant with my 10 units of inf.s to see what would happen...to my surprise...i knocked out everything on the emporers pitiful little planet with nothing but my infiltrators.

Get yourself set up in the top right where the shields are...(there are about 5 buildpads....) build a bunch of anti vehicle and bacta tanks and lure the enemy in wave after wave with 1 inf. MY GOD IT WAS A THING OF BEAUTY!!!

once all of the garrisoned units were destroyed i threw bombs all over the place and blew up the buildings...then took out the spawned units.

I understand this strategy is really flawed...for one, it would only work when playing against the computer and when the computer doesnt have any tie maulers....Luckily i was able to take out the ATAT factory early with a well placed bombing run, but if playing in MP or something...this inf. alone tactic probably wouldnt work. BUT nonetheless, i took out the most heavily defended imperial planet on medium diff. with nothign but a few skinny white guys .....o 0

()

It has to be the infiltrators...and here is why...

The other day i was playing and i meant to send a group of 10 infiltrators to meet up with my group of artillery/tanks...(only units i ever use) by accident however i sent them by them selves to coruscant....(i had already taken out the space defenses)...Well i figured, shi& there already there...so i just attacked coruscant with my 10 units of inf.s to see what would happen...to my surprise...i knocked out everything on the emporers pitiful little planet with nothing but my infiltrators.

Get yourself set up in the top right where the shields are...(there are about 5 buildpads....) build a bunch of anti vehicle and bacta tanks and lure the enemy in wave after wave with 1 inf. MY GOD IT WAS A THING OF BEAUTY!!!

once all of the garrisoned units were destroyed i threw bombs all over the place and blew up the buildings...then took out the spawned units.

I understand this strategy is really flawed...for one, it would only work when playing against the computer and when the computer doesnt have any tie maulers....Luckily i was able to take out the ATAT factory early with a well placed bombing run, but if playing in MP or something...this inf. alone tactic probably wouldnt work. BUT nonetheless, i took out the most heavily defended imperial planet on medium diff. with nothign but a few skinny white guys .....o 0

()

Infiltrators all the way. A group of 2-4 spells swift death to any wayward stormtrooper squads wandering their way, and I love taking down enemy buildings from behind their front lines.

Count me in. At last, some professional job done by professionals and not blind stormies :D.

Archived