Home

Freezing...

The Doctor

Alright then, I won't worry about it unless it happens again. Thanks, FiEND.

What's up, Doc? (had to say it!) :dmaul3:

I am going to have to second what FiEND posted, it happened to me a couple times the other night when I edited a couple posts - first time it froze my browser completely, second time I got the "Web site not responding: Busy or broken server - try again later".

So, it does indeed seem to be an over-taxed server.

- DM.005 :maul5:

I've tried editing my last post in the Legacy of Heros thread many times now, and each time I try to preview or save the changes, my browser freezes. I don't know what's causing it... could it just be a busy server, or what?

I had the same problem (including quick reply), but discovered that if I hit reply and it just sits there doing nothing, then eventually it will post, though it can take some time. (something like 5 minutes or more today). If I hit any other button (hit back on the browser to get out of the wait, etc.) it'll stop responding. Seems to happen to me more often when the forum's really busy, though that could just be my imagination.

Now I copy my long posts just in case (I hate retyping) and open another browser window (and go to a different spot) so I can do other things while the reply is posting. The hardest thing to do is to not touch anything once you hit the submit button.

I imagine some will recommend a different browser, too. :)

Archived