Home

OMG, JA+ 2.3 Problem

Cannon_Fodder

Help me plz, I installed JA+ 2.3 and the plugin 1.3 last week. It worked great. Now, suddenly it wont load my jamconfig file! In stead it compleatly restarts the config at basic set up, all binds gone, all settings, and even video settings are gone. I havent even added any new mods recently (other than itself). What could be wrong, and how can i fixit? :crybaby:

OMG Ponies!

Now that that's out of the way, I have no idea why it reset all your settings, does it do it every time you start up? or did you just loose your current ones? This is a good reason to a) make a backup of your config or b) make a specific config.

Here's what I do, i make a seperate .cfg file that contains all the binds i use for movment, force, video and game settings, and then in the autoexec.cfg file, i exec that file, so no matter what happens, all the settings i want are correct every time JA starts, no matter what mods or anything like that.

• 3 weeks later...

Set all your binds and settings.

Choose a name for the settings e.g. cannon

In the console type /write cannon

You'll see a message saying writing cannon.cfg

Now anytime you lose your binds simply type /exec cannon to get them all back.

Set all your binds and settings.

Choose a name for the settings e.g. cannon

In the console type /write cannon

You'll see a message saying writing cannon.cfg

Now anytime you lose your binds simply type /exec cannon to get them all back.

Um, yeah that was what acdc already said. Talk about deja vu. o.O

|GG|Crow_Nest said:

Um, yeah that was what acdc already said. Talk about deja vu. o.O

How about um, no. 1st off he said what to do but not HOW to do it. I'm giving the guy step by step. 2nd mine is a manual .cfg. Check your facts and think before you type.

How about um, no. 1st off he said what to do but not HOW to do it. I'm giving the guy step by step. 2nd mine is a manual .cfg. Check your facts and think before you type.

Thats because I didnt see how much different his method of doing is compared to yours, since both have to do with exec'ing a .cfg file, it seemed a lot like both of you were talking about the same method. :rolleyes:

Archived