Home

Wii?!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That name blows. Like, seriously. That's probably one of the worst possible things they could rename it. Out of all the awkward names to replace "Revolution" with, they choose "we". Only worse, because they screwed the spelling. It's like they think less dignity sells more consoles. The only way this could possibly get any worse was if the Revolution ends up having a yellow color variant.

This pretty much sums it up. Wii is the stupidest name. Ever.

The only way this could possibly get any worse was if the Revolution ends up having a yellow color variant.

HAHA!

Timmy: What colour is your Wii?

Johnny: Yellow, of course.

Timmy: Well mine is White!

Johnny: Drink alot of water?

Seriously, I hope this is a "New Coke" thing, but I fear not. I'll still get a Wii. I'll only Wii in private, though.

It certainly has everyones attention. From a marketing aspect, this is great. Hopefully they decide to change the name before they print the boxes.

I used to love Nintendo's, the launch titles were always amazing but as consoles go through a year of life, the games get progressively worse. My faith in Nintendo plummeted with they're lack of originality in game titles towards the announcement of the next gen consoles. Come on, how many variations of Super Hyper Monkey Mario Ball can you have. Honestly. I was also disgusted with the lack of an attempt to keep the console alive and i know i will never buy another Nintendo again. I think Nintendo have seriously lost their place in the future gaming market.

^ What the hell are you talking about?

• Unoriginal? Yeah that's exactly what they are, they're still using the same controller as last gen and... oh wait no they're not, they're doing something completely different! GASP!
  • Yes, there are a million Mario games, but they all play differently and it isn't the same thing rehashed, Nintendo chooses to use Mario as a theme because it's popular.
  • Super Monkey Ball is Sega's game and is a bloody good game too.
  • Lack of an attempt? The name does suck but I don't know what you're basing this on.

Do people base things on fact anymore or is it just a case of what suits us best? XD

^^^

I had a feeling Lynk Former wasn't going to let that last post stand without a rebuttal. :lol:

I've never owned a Nintendo console nor do I intend to own one in the future since I'm not a console gamer. All I know is that Nintendo's decision to name its next-gen console Wii has generated a lot of attention and controversy. We'll just have to wait and see how Wii sales fare when the console is released later this year.

Wii ? You've got to be kidding...

Why do people insist on trying to fuse Japanese and English. :headbump

(oh, I wish they would stop it already)

It's a good thing that the name won't have anything at all to do with the gaming experience itself. I'm sure the system will be cool.

Hopefully, for Nintendo fans, this will just cause a bit of a fuss and some more attention will be paid in order to boost sales or the company, with it's appropriate name, will wind up flushed with the rest of the wii-wii.

Sorry, that was lame. But, it is very hard to resist. :brow:

I smell very bad marketing strategy. :barf:

Basically im trying to sum up Nintendo in one word, Disapointment. Im not dissing Nintendo, i used to like em but remember all those fake promises just before the Gamecube Launch. That useless port for the Gamecube's "Internet" connection. The Nintendo DS which was what exactly not a great technological leap forward in comparison with the PSP not that i own either.

And yes, a controller like a remote control... That's like a third warp nacelle, it's just unwanted. Great if you want to play virtual fishing with one half however, i believe after seeing the video show that, it is any indication of future lackluster games. Thanks. But no thanks, Miyamoto.

Just curious... what kinda games you into Herbie?

I play allsorts. On my N64 i played Perfect Dark, Goldeneye and Snowboard Kids, and my recently purchased Ep 1 racer and Shadows of the Empire. Classic. Gamecube i played racing games for the majority and as i like to play single player games i played a few games such as Star Wars Bounty Hunter and Everything or Nothing.

Im a PC gamer mostly though, i play a mixture but the majority of games i do play are FPS. Like i mentioned before, i prefer single player games over multiplayer as on multiplayer, you tend to get exposed to the "this game is a piece of s**t which personally for me ruins the experience. Even when playing games like Day of Defeat and Battlefield 2 with my clan, i get really annoyed with how people quit easily slag off games without appreciation for how they are made.

I don't like those sort of Wizardy, mage, my troll does 30 points of damage to your ork hammer of doom. I also play alot of Star Wars games. My favourite games are Kotor 1, Kotor 2, Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2, No one lives forever and No one lives forever 2.

And mostly, i have been recently playing .. Empire at war and Battlefield 2.

FPS games always felt weird on consoles. You don't have the same level of control you do on a pc. Although, perfect dark had it good because that was jsut a great game alltogether.

That's exactly why you should take notice of the Revolution since it has a totally new control style which everyone believes would be perfect for FPS games.

Archived