Home

Matchmaking for JK DF 2!

crisjudigo

I have been looking up alot of different things and have noticed that there are a few dedicated servers out there for Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2. But do any of you still miss the feeling that the good old MSN gaming zone gave you with its matchmaking service. Well that is what I am hoping to offer you here! I am going to try and recreate the MSN gaming zone feel with reatime chat, and matchmaking! Come on in and join the fun! Don't let the premade template fool you. I am very familiar with HTML, Actionscripting (Flash)... and C++, I am using premade layouts so that I can devote as much time as possible into creating this matchmaking service. But until it arrives, help this community grow!

Yup, it has warez. People should realize that you can purchase JK very cheaply on Amazon.com (or ebay) still. Purchase a legal copy.

If your site removes its warez, you can post about it here, otherwise, sorry, despite how well intentioned an idea for match making service for JK could be...

Sorry for posting several posts in a row, but the edit function isn't working for me right now (too much forum activity, errors, etc). Consider this your WARNING. It's against our rules to post sites that link to warez.

Now if you had just offered the JK DEMO for download that wouldn't be so bad, but you offered the full version. Anyway, hope that clarifies. Feel free to contact me with any other questions (kurganx@comcast.net) although I'm going to be pretty busy with finals until May 4th, so make it short.

Yeah, just provide some links where people can BUY the game, that would be fine. ;)

Or else provide the FREE JK multiplayer demo (it was only one level, and seven skins, no CTF).

Apparently the MSN Gaming Zone is shutting down soon, so it would make sense to provide a better place to play JK/MotS!

So is this just basically an IRC to let people hook up for games?

Qtracker also rocks btw... ;) (http://www.qtracker.com)

Publicly distributing Jedi Knight is a very bad idea, if you were sued by LEC and even if they were willing to settle, it would still set you back at least a couple thousand dollars.

Also, JK is still up for download via the link on your forum as of right now. I would start covering up your tracks now in case you get subpoenaed.

I move to have this site link permanently removed due to the decitful claims that the warez was removed - a clear red flag right there, disregard for JediKnight.net's policies and a reckless attempt to gain users.

I have been looking up alot of different things and have noticed that there are a few dedicated servers out there for Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2.

1, hosted by JKDF2.net

But do any of you still miss the feeling that the good old MSN gaming zone gave you with its matchmaking service.

Well that is what I am hoping to offer you here! I am going to try and recreate the MSN gaming zone feel with reatime chat, and matchmaking! Come on in and join the fun! Don't let the premade template fool you.

I am very familiar with HTML, Actionscripting (Flash)... and C++, I am using premade layouts so that I can devote as much time as possible into creating this matchmaking service.

Hey buddy - somehow I think you aren't as familiar with HTML as you say you are! http://e-a-h.net - I made this site in a couple of hours, HTML, CSS & PHP, with beautiful results IMO. I think if you are really aiming for a "zone feel" maybe you should concentrate on the site design a bit more. ;)

Also buddy - Where can I take a look at some of your past C++ projects? Just to get a feel for your experience, of course ;)

Another thing - CJB.net is a very poor "short url" service, with heavy advertising every time you visit a cjb.net page. I would strongly consider some of the other alternatives to shorter url's for your site.

Proboards is also a very bad idea for any serious attempt to host a community forum.

ReT

Archived