Home

Hidden Items?

Commander_Alex

I was looking around and i found this article on hidden things in Empire at War and it says some of these have been unlocked.

I you could then show me some pictures of theses?

I would like to see Shi-Ruuk Unit is there one?

Hidden Items

The following are units and planets that were removed for the final version and are hidden or mentioned in the internal game files. Some have been unlocked via XML and MEG editing. (Thanks to Mikan Cyclone at the Petroglyph Fan Forums for the comprehensive list)

Land Units:

Prince Xizor - Unlocked

Tani Ab'yla - Unlocked

Kyle Katarn - Unlocked

Mara Jade - Unlocked

Imperial Navytroopers - Unlocked

Killer Penguin - Unlocked

General Dodonna

Luke Skywalker (ground & pilot)

General Reeikan

Lieutenant Tanbris

Raymus Antilles (ground)

General Veers (no AT-AT)

Mon Mothma

Leia

High Inquisitor Tremayne

Jedi Padawan

Space Units:

Shadowclaw-Class Destroyer - Unlocked

Virago - Unlocked

Moldy Crow - Unlocked

Singularity (ISD)

Venator-Class Cruiser

V-Wing Fighter

TIE Advanced X-2 (Tanbris's)

Indigenous Units:

Bespin Cloud Car

Duro

Ssi-Ruuk

Trandoshans

P'we'cks

Kaminoan

Vratix

Hapans

Gamorreans

Chubbits

Oevvaor Jet Catamaran

Planets:

Antar 4

Arkania

Aridus

Bakura

Balmorra

Brentaal

Duro

Gamorr

Garos 4

Hapes

Honoghr

Kamino

Lwhekk

Ralltiir

Rakata

Rhinnal

Rothana

Trandosha

Tynna

Thanks in advance

Shadowclaw-Class Destroyer - Unlocked

Venator-Class Cruiser

V-Wing Fighter

I believe the "Shadowclaw" is the name of a particular ship, as it looks like it is a Barloz-class freighter.

Also, both the Venator and V-wing can be unlocked. The V-wing is also used by pirates in the unmodded game.

A lot of the stuff on your list (in fact almost everything that hasn't already been unlocked) was stuff that was initially planned, but was cut for one reason or another long before it was ever implemented. By "not implemented" I mean that no art was created, and in many cases they don't even have an XML entry. The vast majority of the planets on that list and many of the indigenous races/creatures only exist as a text entry.

The stuff on the list that has been unlocked by modders was generally cut for balance reasons, because they just weren't cool enough to be kept, or because they didn't meet the Star Wars criteria/standards.

A few of the items are actually playable in the game (Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade are available in skirmish or multiplayer ground tactical). And, as in any project, some stuff we just didn't have time to implement, though it was in the original design.

what is the expansion? i know what an expansion is, but are we gonna be able to just buy it and download it or whatever?

Let me clarify, there is no official expansion at the momment. BUT we are pretty sure there will be one as petro has dropped tons of hints, that are well, hinting at an expansion.

At the momment, noboddy knows what will be in an expansion if there is one. But again, I am pretty certain there is an expansion in the works.

Guest DarthMaulUK

The expansion (if there will be one) shouldn't cost as much as the stand alone game. In the UK, most cost around £20 - although Dawn Of War:Winter Assault, charged £25 - and as a result lost 8% of its score in reviews for costing too much.

And to be honest, I really hope that the Petroglyph/ Lucasarts relationship continues as I and most other fans feel that the Star Wars RTS licence is in safe hands.

DMUK

Archived