Home

Where are all the adults online?

Halo 2 was bad enough, but it seems lately whenever I want to play BFII online with my Xbox, it is a bunch of 12 year olds. I am talking about the ones that yell and scream and sound like girls as they bicker back and forth.

Who here is also losing interest in BFII because it seems the older and more mature gamers have moved on while the kiddies stayed.. :sithk:

• 3 weeks later...

I can't say about the consoles, but on the PCs, the main time I see a bunch of kids wineing and cursing at each other is on the Hero Assualt servers. I don't see many typing insualts back and forth on other maps.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm 26 and loved playing video games as a kid, but I knew what I was doing .The kids that are on their headsets saying " can you hear me" like twenty times b4 someone tells them ,"Yes we can hear you and shut the f*ck up". The ones that fill up the servers and just suck at the game gets me. Practice offline damn. Anyway there's my 2 cents.

I'm 26 and loved playing video games as a kid, but I knew what I was doing .The kids that are on their headsets saying " can you hear me" like twenty times b4 someone tells them ,"Yes we can hear you and shut the f*ck up". The ones that fill up the servers and just suck at the game gets me. Practice offline damn. Anyway there's my 2 cents.

When someone says "Can you hear me?" the first time, tell them "Yes.". Don't wait twenty times by which time you start to get angry.

• 1 year later...
I can't say about the consoles, but on the PCs, the main time I see a bunch of kids wineing and cursing at each other is on the Hero Assualt servers. I don't see many typing insualts back and forth on other maps.

Yea.. I'd agree.. not many winey kids playing the pc version.. they are there of course.. but there are winey adults too :indif:. But I would guess there's more adults with PC's than XBOX.

• 2 weeks later...

I love to hear the n00bs screaming at their xbox:

"OMFG no way you cheated or sumtin man"

"****ing team mates"

"Aw come on!!"

"This sucks big time"

And it gets better when we battle in clans and beat them badly, they always fight with their team members, making them easy targets, lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I wish I had the Internet connection for my PS2, then I could play against fellow adults. I hate playing against teenagers, who think that they have the right to ruin the experience for gamers like myself, by swearing and being generally obnoxious. They really put me off and due to them I now avoid playing PC games, and I only play console games.

Don't sterotipe us like that, I have not once shouted or screamed anything down my headset on the PS2 and I've seen a couple of adults go crazy on a headset.Seriously why do all adults seem to think were all trying to be annoying some are annoying but not all.

I wish I had the Internet connection for my PS2, then I could play against fellow adults. I hate playing against teenagers, who think that they have the right to ruin the experience for gamers like myself, by swearing and being generally obnoxious. They really put me off and due to them I now avoid playing PC games, and I only play console games.

Its really about who you play with and where you decide to play, some PC servers better manage banned words, and some don't, and teamspeak can be made private so that you can chat with people with like personalities.

Once you get an Internet connection for your PS2 or like console you'll notice the situations are very alike, its just about who you and when you choose to listen.

I hope your experiences don't deter you from the rest of the PC world because there are still many mature individuals around.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I prefer to catch up with my mates and play at their houses or only with them. This limits the chance of having teenagers who ruin the gaming experience. My mate has a website and there are a lot of adult gamers like myself, and every so often we get together and play games with each other. I also accept that not every teenager is obnoxious, in fact this site has a few younger members, but I would not bother with playing against teenagers as more often than not, from my experiences, they are more interested in putting people down and being generally abusive rather than having fun with the game.

I would say your definition of the group thats most annoying can be specified to the ages between 11 and 15. I know from experience of being a member of that group(shudder) that that is when most people are A extremely homophobic, B think AOL speak and 1337 is the coolest thing to ever happen and C think they're better than everyone, and if anyone is better than them then they're clearly cheating. It doesnt happen to everyone but I do notice that once people get to be 16 and 17 they figure out that 1337 makes you look like a complete idiot, they're not the best and well some people never grow up about the homophobic stuff. If you want an example of this, look at my very first posts on this forum, if I had time I would edit them and make them in English, however I dont have time to translate whatever I wrote back then out of catonkeyboard landguage.

Jawa that is the most accurate description of that age i have ever read.

It also seems there are so many 11-15 year olds because they have nothing to do and are always online with seemingless unending time to call everything "gay" and themselves "1337"

I remember the days when i thought aol and aim where the greatest things invented. :lol:

Archived