Home

The best Sci-Fi Show Ever

Adama

Hi all.

What in your opinion is the best sci-fi show ever screened on Tv?

Can be anything from the 1960 to today.

If you haven't already guessed i'm a diehard Battlestar Galactica fan, i love it almost as much as Star Wars!

The original Battlestar with Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict was good but this new Battlestar is awesome!!!

The best show ever by far.

I saw a website vote on this subject last year and the original Battlestar came 35 and the new one came second after the original Star Trek only because it was brand new.

But hell tell me your favs plz.

I love Doctor Who, obviously. Great stuff.

I also think Quantum Leap has to be one of the best shows ever aired. Again, great stuff.

Of course, how can I forget the mother of all modern Sci-Fi: Star Trek. TOS and TNG are the best, but my favourite one woud have to be Voyager.

Babylon 5, hands-down! :D

Classic Galactica and the New Galactica also are quite good. Farscape was also great.

There was also a short-lived series called Space Rangers that could have been a contender. :(

Classic Star Trek was great, though I didn't care for any of the new ones that much, though the newer series' each had their moments. ;) I have not watched Enterprise...

Hi,

I'm also fan of the new BSG Series and own Season 1 and 2 (in fact only the 1st half of the second season : ( until EP "Pegasus") aldready on DVD and watched it all through in some days, because it can b very boring, seeing it only once a week, and I'm very impressed of the depth of BSG, the many turnarrounds and the fact that there is almost noone of the characters that can be trusted. In Favourite I love the performance of John Callis (weird Doctor Gaius Baltar) and that blonde woman. It is absolutely amazing how this is played. Also, how things can go, when mankind is decimated. Also funny the guestpart of Richard Hatch as ****face Sarek.

Yeah and I'm hardly waiting for the DVD continuing. I'm in central europe, hope it will soon come (???).

I also loved Babylon 5 . Hope for some continuing Star Wars stuff as I also read and buy comics (Empire / Clonewars) and think that there would b lot of material to be filmed.

THe reimagined BSG is an excellent, excellent show. Tremendous depth, lots of excitement, and some great cinematography. They also have this tendency to come up with never-done-before cliffhangars that really keep me antsy for the next season. My favorite episodes have to be the two-part arc "Act of Contrition" and "You can't Go Home Again" in the first season, which proved beyond all doubt that BSG has no stock characters and that sci-fi can address deep themes without walloping you over the head with them, like Star Trek tends to.

(That said, TNG is one of the classic SF shows of all time. "Best of Both Worlds" absolutely rocked, and Q is just plain hysterical.)

I think "Firefly" also deserves a mention here...it was cancelled early, is a tiny bit cliched, and involves only stock characters (principled outlaw captain, genius kid mechanic, reluctant doctor, classic mercenary, etc), but the plotlines were fun and the dialogue could be downright hysterical.

Well I mostly remember the ep in where the virtual blonde of Baltar became Flesh, what was really funny. Somtimes maybe a bit too much patriotism or citchy, but, all in all, showing good how people can get when "the chips are down". Dont know if I would be that fan, if I hadn't seen the intro-move (pilot-film) which I liked very much. For others, watching it later into ongoing episodes, I think it might be boring or difficult, because its a story and not that big action thing with everything starting from new with each episode.

Also seen some cinemalength movie from Babylon 5 which I really like (brothers in arms maybe it is called). I like the idea with the psi-corps.

I don't have any best show ever really.

I like most of them.

Babylon 5 was okay to watch, the various Star Trek series, that's pretty much all I've really seen much of now that I think about it. :rolleyes:

Seen alittle StarGate, seems like an okay show too, but seen way too few to make a good judgement on that.

Problem is, I eventually get bored of watching them, especially if they go once a week, which often is the case.

Star Trek: Enterprise is the only series I've seen all episodes of, and that's largely due to having all episodes available to me to watch whenever I want. The past 2 weeks I've almost been sitting glued to the screen every available hour(s) I didn't work, plowing thru it. :p

Was done with all episode the previous weekend. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Stargate! A longer run than any Trek series, plus fun storylines that can also be very dramatic.

My favorite Star Trek is DS9, with TNG in close second.

Battlestar Gallactica is good, but I always make sure I see SG-1 and Atlantis if I can't fit them all in:D

• 1 month later...

I love sci-fi to a degree where i'm obsessed and should probably be institutionilised. Saying that i am a trekkie through and through i like them all OS, TNG, DS9, Voy, Ent and even the animated series. It i had to pick one to claim the title 'Best Sci-fi show ever' i would have to say Star Trek: The Next Generation, i don't know why but it just has the edge above the rest.

I also like firefly...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Star Trek was probably the most influential Sci-fi show of it's time. :beam3:

Galactica was good and innovative for TV in it's day, but the weekly stories after the first season became bitterly repetitive. :bot2:

How influential was Rod Serling in his time era?

I know you said Television, but I can't resist mentioning how a radio broadcast by Orson Welles in the forties actually had a small community believing Martians had landed on Earth causing panic and hysteria.

It still makes me laugh. :lol:

I'm so out of touch with today's sci-fi shows :(

But from the past, then I'd have to give my vote for Star Trek: TNG. I remember our whole family getting together just to watch it. There's not been a TV show since that's been able to get my rag-tag family together in one room since :xp: hehehe...

• 2 weeks later...
I'm so out of touch with today's sci-fi shows :(

But from the past, then I'd have to give my vote for Star Trek: TNG. I remember our whole family getting together just to watch it. There's not been a TV show since that's been able to get my rag-tag family together in one room since :xp: hehehe...

Star Trek: TNG and TOS brought my family together also. I can remember going with relatives to see Star Trek three thru eight. You can not find good sci-fi like that anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived