Home

Books Read?

Samnmax221

Dude, society and rules are whatstop people from giving in to thier more evil instincts.

Well, I guess it's a belief thing, because that sounds completely wrong to me. That's like saying doing cocaine keeps you from having cocaine withdrawals.

I'll step out now. It's really not something one can necessarily argue with. But I will be honest. I'm not trying to insult you guys or anything, I just want to purely state how that mindset appears through my eyes: very, very ignorant. Again, I'm just being honest, I'm not dissing on your intellegence. I just think you guys need to look around at various antique shops and specialty stores to see if they're selling any open minds. I think I saw one on ebay the other day.

::sigh:: I miss Virus.

I'll step out now. It's really not something one can necessarily argue with. But I will be honest. I'm not trying to insult you guys or anything, I just want to purely state how that mindset appears through my eyes: very, very ignorant. Again, I'm just being honest, I'm not dissing on your intellegence. I just think you guys need to look around at various antique shops and specialty stores to see if they're selling any open minds. I think I saw one on ebay the other day.

::sigh:: I miss Virus.

I could easily accuse you of the same thing!

I just have a different opinion on the whole "what causes evil" arguement- it doesn't mean I have a closed mind.

P.S you can't call someone ignorant without insulting their intelligence!

• 2 weeks later...

I read A long way down by Nick Hornby. It's about a group of strangers who coincidently meet at the top of a building with the intention of killing themselves but instead, end up as a group bickering, depressed friends. It's a black comedy with some really funny parts, but it wasn't as dark or morbid as I thought it would be. Still recommended though.

I've recently finished The GodFather by Mario Puzo, a great thriller and interesting read. I'm hoping to read his other book The Sicilian and Omerta. I've also finished Dune by Frank Herbert and Ninteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell.

The Sicilian is quite an interesting read. It also has a cameo by one member of the Corleone family.

Archived