Home

Star Wars: Original Original Trilogy on DVD

elTee

Yeah, it's kind of cool isn't it. The original theatrical versions of the Star Wars trilogy will be out on DVD later this year.

Thank you Lucas! For ripping us all off again.

I don't think I care enough about Star Wars anymore to actually buy these DVDs, but why couldn't they have done this in 2004? Two-disc special editions of each of the movies (with both new and original cuts) would have been far preferable to one big box-set.

Bah.

I'd buy them, but hell, I've spent so much of my ****ing money on Lucas, only to have him rip me off by telling me the originals will never be brought to DVD and then going back on his ****ing word.

On top of Episode 1, I really don't care anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd buy them, but hell, I've spent so much of my ****ing money on Lucas, only to have him rip me off by telling me the originals will never be brought to DVD and then going back on his ****ing word.

I don't understand this attitude. He's only doing because people like you have complained about it for so long...!

I'm definitely picking them up!

• 4 weeks later...

Its decent of him in a way to let the original films be released, but on the other hand if he never screwed with the originals in the first place we wouldn't have had this problem.

I'm not going to buy the new boxset, but I can't help but feel that he's ripping off loyal fans who probably bought the SE boxset and now have to buy this to feel "complete."

I don't understand this attitude. He's only doing because people like you have complained about it for so long...!

I'm definitely picking them up!

I've got a feeling I was possibly a little stressed at the time of writing that post, and whilst I never personally complained about what he was doing to the originals, I did think it would be nice to see them so I suppose your almost right there. Even still, I probably won't waste my money on them only because I don't have that kind of money to spend and as far as I'm concerned, I'm still getting the same story out of both versions of them so I'll just stick with what i've got. If I were a hardcore SW fan then i'd probably get it, but as it is, again, i really don't care.

Archived