Home

X-Men 3 Good/Bad Debate

From what I've seen of the previews this kicks butt, but also like the other movies they got the story all screwed up like: no Remy (Gambit) before The Phoenix (Jean Grey), Roque's crush on Magneto, no Apocalypse before the "Final Confrontation" and no Sentinels. Just to name a few mistakes. Thoughts anyone?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what I've seen of the previews this kicks butt, but also like the other movies they got the story all screwed up like: no Remy (Gambit) before The Phoenix (Jean Grey), Roque's crush on Magneto, no Apocalypse before the "Final Confrontation" and no Sentinels. Just to name a few mistakes. Thoughts anyone?

I don't believe those are mistakes. From what I understand from the commentary, they intentionally made changes to the story. As a former long-time X-Men comicbook collector, I can say that I love the movies as much as the comicbooks. When it comes to the movies, they take their artistic liscence to make something marketable. Yeah. I was hoping to see Gambit more than Collassus, but what can you do.

I wouldn't go by the TV Series, for they broke so many comicbook cannon rules.

Remember, Gambit and Rouge actually have a relationship. At this point in the comicbooks, Rouge doesn't have a relationship with Magneto.

Truthfully, I like the daughter-father relationship between Rouge and Logan.

I think the movie is going to do better than Superman-V.

Like I Said " The movie looks like it kicks butt". Ice-Man was one of the founding members also with FireStar, yet he just got there when Rogue did.

I just think they are overstepping the line here. I used to collect comics also, well that is untill one of my ex-friends sister's destroyed my Superman Collection. Yes I know this it's re-mentioned in the game "X-Men Legends" all I'm saying for a little while she had a crush on magneto not relationship. Yes the Dad/Daughter relationship is good, espesially since in the first movie he seems as if he hates her when he first met her. Anyhow Logan and Remy are my favorite Characters.

PS: We can say Ass? or is it one of those "how you say it" things

Well, I never have looked at the comics, but the films thus-far have been really good... so you can say I am looking forward to this one.

I love Ian McKellan as Magneto... the movies also have Famke in them, and that is never a bad thing. :D

About the funeral thing: I just kinda assumed that was Jean's funeral (seeing as how she "died" at the end of X2). I thought maybe it would be one of the beginning scenes or something.

BUT I did hear that some ppl were supposed to die in the movie....

He wasn't very happy with the 10hrs of Makeup a day along with Touchups and Re-touchups... or so I recall.

It seems none of the staff took him very seriously... as he started to say this the makeup staff started laughing and continued laughing until after was finished speaking.

Archived