Home

I sure hope there's some info on K3 at E3...heh. K3 at E3.

Not to kill anticipation, but, I'd be real surprised if they announced production of K3 this year.

TSL wasn't that big of a deal to warrant secrecy of this magnitude for K3. We'd have probably heard something by now.

I just don't think L.A. has it high on their agenda. Obsidian says they'll be glad to make it, but so far L.A. hasn't budged.

I really hope I'm wrong. But, I've got a bad feeling about this...

it won't be announced there which is too bad. I think that this game probably won't happen unless lucasarts has no part in it. again... tooo badd. I am getting tired of this waiting and more freakin waiting and.....you get the picture. Lucasarts, if you are looking at this pleaseeeeeeeeeeee give a definate answer and end my misery.

it won't be announced there which is too bad. I think that this game probably won't happen unless lucasarts has no part in it. again... tooo badd. I am getting tired of this waiting and more freakin waiting and.....you get the picture. Lucasarts, if you are looking at this pleaseeeeeeeeeeee give a definate answer and end my misery.

Don't hold your breath. They're not looking.

Sorry kids, there will not only be no announcement, but I predict-to my dismay-no KOTOR 3. Cygnus Q'ol was correct in saying that TSL wan't that popular a game that would explain such secrecy concering another sequel. But hey, at least we'l have Lego Star Wrs 2!!! (sighs).

Sorry kids, there will not only be no announcement, but I predict-to my dismay-no KOTOR 3. Cygnus Q'ol was correct in saying that TSL wan't that popular a game that would explain such secrecy concering another sequel. But hey, at least we'l have Lego Star Wrs 2!!! (sighs).

That irks me to no end.

KoTOR > Legos

Spend the money to make a good game, not a stupid game.

Don't hold your breath. They're not looking.
And if they are, they're laughing.

But I do think (not for sure) that DMUK talks to some Lucasarts guys at times. Maybe he could find out something...
They wouldn't be allowed to comment anyway.

That irks me to no end.

KoTOR > Legos

Spend the money to make a good game, not a stupid game.

How is it stupid? It sold over 3 million copies!

Did you actually play Lego Star Wars before making such a comment?
Obviously not, since it is ****ing fun. :)

How is it stupid? It sold over 3 million copies!

50 Cent's Bulletproof sold well too. Would you like a sequel to that? Look, I'm not saying Lego Star Wars is that bad a game and I understand why LA would give it more priority than a KOTOR 3, but to not make it at all (my belief) is a da*n dang darn shame.

Has it occured to you that by holding it back, LA are in fact giving priority to KIII, in that they are attempting to ensure they get the right developer this time?

Furthermore, Lego Star Wars is an awesome game on a par with KotOR, and, in terms of good, plain fun, far outstrips TSL. It's also about the only game that I can think of where you can play as Shaak Ti.

Also, LA may have an obligation to fulfil with the Lego company, in which case it would be bad form not to give that project priority.

I'm not going to argue the relevance of Lego Star Wars. I understand its popularity and profitabillity, both of which is much greater than the KOTOR series. That said to not even mention whether or not they are even making a KIII, says to me (call me impatient) they have discontinued the budding franchise. For instance, at last year's E3 or around it, Fable 2 was announced, no trailer, no specs, just announced. You'd think LA could do the same thing if they are green-lighting the game.

Well, they didn't announce KotoR until it was pretty far in development and the same thing happened for TSL. I don't have a problem with it, I have very little doubt that it's going to happen. It's one of their best-selling and most critically acclaimed franchises. There's a lot of money to be made and they'll announce it when they have something concrete.

Besides, what if they announce it? What will you do? What can you do? Nothing. Maybe it'll help you sleep better at night. Frankly, I'd rather they wait until they're ready to give some decent information on KIII rather then have a million threads here speculating on all sorts of crap (I realize there's quite a few threads like that already, I'd just like as few on unconcrete elements as possible).

Has it occured to you that by holding it back, LA are in fact giving priority to KIII, in that they are attempting to ensure they get the right developer this time?

Nothing wrong with Obsidian, only that LA :smash: them to get it out in 1 year. I hope Obsidian/Bioware team up to do K3, but I dont see that happening :(

Please keep a few things in mind...

1) None of know what is going to happen. "Not gonna happen," "It's gonna happen." You don't KNOW anything so why not keep the overtly discouraging statements, as well as the overtly encouraging ones to a minimum.

2) TSL was released about 18 months after KOTOR. It's been 15 months since TSL was released for PC. So following that trend, it's not been an excessively long time since TSL came out.

3) There are no indications by anybody "in the know" that it's something in the works anywhere.

4) There are also no indications that there is NOT an intention to create a third game in the series. (Which actually doesn't mean anything one way or the other.)

Sure, we'd all like to hear something one way or the other. Preferably I'd like to hear that they're working on a third, fourth, fifth, etc....

But we just DON'T KNOW anything yet. Anybody who makes a flat statement otherwise is just blowing smoke.

E3 might tell us something. I'm hoping it will. But unless they announce that there will not be a KOTOR III, I won't take it to mean that it's a done deal. Just that they didn't announce it there and then.

Right now, no news is good news. Until and unless that there is better news (KIII in development somewhere). Aside from a definitive statement one way or the other, we're just spinning our wheels with all this uninformed speculation. Uninformed... because we just don't know.

E3 ends on Friday. We will hopefully know more by then. But perhaps not.

Archived