Home

Should I get this MP3 player?

Arreat

MP3 player

My zen Micro broke because my mom dropped it on the floor. I sent it in to Futureshop to get it repaired with my 3 year warranty. They told me if they can't fix it then they'd replace it with a new MP3 player. So anyways I come back home and they left a message saying they can't fix it,

thus I ask of you, should I get this MP3 player? It has video playback, awesome battery life, screen is a bit small but it's pretty decent. I've only around 4-6 GB of music. If not which do you recommend for the same price range? (within that store).

Lastly, anyone know where I can find reviews on this MP3 player?

Thank you all in advance.

Buy an iPod.

And there's that. Could always go for what everyone has. But I wouldn't get it because the video iPod can only support one strange video format. While the Vision M can do a bunch like WMV, mpg, and avi.

8 GB for 299.99 sounds like a rip off to me. This is what I got:

ZEN_XTRA_30G_PDT-67b356600d855670a4d79040ac98017d.jpg

At 30 GB, I use it constantly. Whenever I take a trip, mow the lawn, and for a long time it served as my mobile music when my car stereo was busted. I got it in 2003, I never had to change the battery, and I have EVERY single CD I own stored on there with room to spare. I think this thing was $249, yet I got it as a Christmas present. I don't have a single complaint. Great mp3 player, and easy to use!

you should get a dell jukebox... those are hard to break.. not only that but .. the battery lasts till hell freezes. I left it on low, left for a weekend and still it worked on full volume for like an hour.

I don't know about their battery policy but I know their batteries don't last very long. It says 16 hours is the length, I believe, but I've had mine for a little under a year and sometimes it won't even last 10 hours, when fully charged. But I have a mini and they don't make those anymore, so maybe they've improved the nanos and the videos.

Well, you're supposed to send in your iPod after the battery dies completely (doesn't hold a charge for more than a few hours) for 60 bucks, and they don't send you back your iPod unless it's engraved or special... they just give you a random iPod back. If you want to break warranty you can order ipod batteries online.

With Creative's stuff you can buy from their store.

you should get a dell jukebox... those are hard to break.. not only that but .. the battery lasts till hell freezes. I left it on low, left for a weekend and still it worked on full volume for like an hour.

Eww, Dell. My friend has one of those and they are ugly. They run just fine (it's actually a Creative player) but they are ugly.

I still suggest the Vision M. :p

I don't know about their battery policy but I know their batteries don't last very long. It says 16 hours is the length, I believe, but I've had mine for a little under a year and sometimes it won't even last 10 hours, when fully charged. But I have a mini and they don't make those anymore, so maybe they've improved the nanos and the videos.

My iPods (Nano and Video) typically lasts about 8 hours before going out of power.

As for their policy, you have to re-place the battery once in awhile. (And I don't know how...)

And there's that. Could always go for what everyone has. But I wouldn't get it because the video iPod can only support one strange video format. While the Vision M can do a bunch like WMV, mpg, and avi.

....http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

easiest thing to use.

Well, you're supposed to send in your iPod after the battery dies completely (doesn't hold a charge for more than a few hours) for 60 bucks, and they don't send you back your iPod unless it's engraved or special... they just give you a random iPod back. If you want to break warranty you can order ipod batteries online.

With Creative's stuff you can buy from their store.

they dont give you a "random iPod" if you have like a black 30GB video ipod, they'll give you a 30GB black video ipod, etc.

and if its engraved, they'll get an ipod and engrave it the way it was originally(i think)

Buy an iPod.

I agree. I only have a shuffle, but I like it. iTunes is off the chain to tell you the truth. They've got everything, except the Beatles and the Banana Splits. I really want the 'Tra la la song' but theyjust don't have it.

they dont give you a "random iPod" if you have like a black 30GB video ipod, they'll give you a 30GB black video ipod, etc.

... I assumed that people would understand that it would be a random ipod of the same kind. Apple's not that stupid.

I have a Zen Vision M. Get it.

Pros:

You can play more file types: mp3, wma, etc.

You can record radio

The screen is bigger and better resolution than an iPod

The Transcoding to a TV is also better

Great sound with wrap-around-the-ear headphones. I payed $20 2-3 years ago and the sound is still great. (see ear buds below)

Creative's software can encode Podcasts for use with the Zen M.

The software is very easy to use. It's simplisitic. Adding the music is not a problem.

It's easy to make it into an external HD.

Wallcharger comes in the package.

It is fatter than the iPod, but nowhere near as flimsy. Besides, be different. Get your Zen. (not sure if that is a copyrighted motto or not...)

Cons:

The earbuds are too fat for my ears. They are really uncomfortable. But, they are about the same size as the iPod ones. I reccommend using different headphones.

I will forewarn you and say that editing all of you music tags sucks and takes a long time in Windows Media. But, in the end its worth it.

Making a playlist with the software is a pain unless you have edited all of you tags. Even then it's still annoying.

There are next to 0 accessories in stores for the Zen.

If you look around, you should be able to find one for under $280. They are coming out with a 60 gig version soon. I'm just not sure when. Regardless, I am really happy with mine.

Archived