Home

Pirates of the Caribbean 2 thread

The Tingler

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Indeed, just got through reading it, and while I generally trust empire, I have found them to sometimes differ on my own opinions so I won't go totally on what they say and I still think I'll enjoy it. Plus we still have a 3rd installment to come.

Jack Sparrow definately has one of the best entrances in terms of our modern-day heroes; no-one can beat him coming into the bay on a sinking rickety little ship. Powerful scene as well as absolutely hilarious; I think thats one of the great factors about POTC, it can be fairly powerful at times but its all mixed with great humour.

Well, that guy seemed to like it, but like Empire, thought it was a bit too long, which just goes to show the dangers in summer movies. You're average summer movie shouldn't be any longer than around 2 hours, if not less... but I'm not about to go into a screenwriting debate with anyone because I get enough of that elsewhere.

I guess it's all down to differing opinions and I still have high hopes for the film.

Yeah, but I remember the hubbub about Curse and how much it was like Monkey island. Now granted, this does have a few more similarities (voodoo lady) but then it turned out that the first film... well yeah, it kept the similarities (island no one could get to, skeletal crew, governess, voodoo root... no wait), but it was still a pretty decent movie.

Plus, where would we be without movies ripping off other things ("Seven Samurai" er... "Maginficent Seven" anyone?)

I think Ron's just sulking.

Actually, in the recent interview on Gamespot, he said he'd rather enjoyed the first (went in with low expectations for the obvious reason, it's based on a theme park ride, came out quite happy), so he's probably just playing his Grumpy Gamer bit.

Hopefully I'll get to see it sometime this weekend.

I'd call it a reference.

No?

"That's the second biggest _____ I've ever seen"
He should also add silently "Note to myself: need two of those second biggest _____s I've ever seen to mark the spot!"

That would make the audience go bonkers, yeah.

Archived