Home

EAW EXPANSION ANNOUNCED!!

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=3627.0

This is an Excerpt from the PC Gamer (UK) magazine

George Lucas gets some things right: he may have desecrated the SW universe with his hideous attempts at the Prequels, but the recent RTS StarWars: Empire At War stepped into the original films' timeline and was all teh better for it. You Spread your corruption through the galaxy Far Far Away, using your dark influence to earn money, suck up resources and wage space-and ground-based real-time battles.

The Expansion brings you a new challenge, to go Jabba on the younglings. You're Aspiring crime lord Tyber Zann, who is undermining the Empire, Rebels and Everyone else for the ULTIMATE PRIZE: A SUPER STAR DESTROYER, ELEVEN TIMES the size of the original. There's a Machievellian undercurrent to the action, as you spy, cajole, threaten and steal from the rest of teh universe to fuel your own Infamy

Looks like they've dropped the ball on this....Anyone heard of the Crime Lord Xizor???

They're introducing a New Crimelord with no mention of Diplomacy...

However the little Picture I have before me shows TIE Phantoms, Interceptors, Defenders and the SSD....

I wish they had done a larger pic. You can hardly see it....:(

http://legacy.gamemod.net/images/EAW%20XPACK.jpg

I don't like this, they have so much material to use and then they add another section to it, obviously this won't be the last expansion but I'm worried as to how many more expansions that probably won't be worth buying.

Ofc I won't be buying it since they havent fixed the exception error thats been around for over 2 months (which i've got).

i suppose this is what they ment by going sideways, they just better include some ep5-6 campaigns and stuff

problem being this isnt really what we wanted in an expansion, and if they give us this crime lord stuff and not anything what we really had asked for, i cant see many people buying this or any future expansions

anyway

il stay positive, just hope they know what there doing :D

EMPIRE AT WAR!!

NOT REPUBLIC AT WAR!!!

YOU WANT A PREQUEL THING GO AND FIND GALACTIC BATTLEGROUDNS!!! FFS

Sorry but I am annoyed that you are all worked up that it is not a Prequel Game....It is set in the Post Clone Wars Era....MOVING INTO THE GCW!!!

Doesn't matter if they make an expansion that a mod has made, in the end it's gonna be a different story, new features (hopefully) offical voices etc... so it's worth buying but still a KOTOR or NJO expansion would of been better.

Personally, Im glad they decided to do something out of the ordinary.

C'mon! We all expected either prequel or ESB-RoTJ. Now that they are doing this we can expect them to focus more on:

> Unique Storyline

> More features

> New Units

> New Planets

etc. etc... but if they did say a prequel expansion, they would have to create a TON of more units and such to make it work. This would make it were they couldnt put as much focus on other apsects of the game.

Thanks for that little Cherry on top there Torpid....You add a completely new Character Noone has EVER heard of and thats Just the Surface.....

Great...Fantastic....

What about the known characters Like Prince Xizor, Talon Karrde, THRAWN, ZAARIN!!

Thanks for that little Cherry on top there Torpid....You add a completely new Character Noone has EVER heard of and thats Just the Surface.....

Great...Fantastic....

What about the known characters Like Prince Xizor, Talon Karrde, THRAWN, ZAARIN!!

I suggest you calm yourself, Fosh. It's called CREATIVE WRITING. Ever take a good look at my mod? None of the people exist in real Star Wars. Yet I can guarentee that it will kick butt because I am not limited to the constraints of Lucas "good guys always win despite any odds" formula.

So chill out, sit back, relax, and most importantly, BREATHE.

Okay seriously .. if the expansion is going to be this far along, why not make a second game vs. an expansion? By the time the expansion hits the shelves most people will have moved on to other games and probably misplaced their original copies of EAW. Seems a bit silly. No?

SWEET...I actually had a Message Deleted...

LMAO

Ok...Look here:

The Fact is that XIZOR is already in the game...Just not completely. It would have been a 2 day job adding him back and then as a SubFaction for the Empire add it in. They could have developed the story through the Intervening Years, the Yavin Blockade, Derra IV, Circapous IV, the TIE and B-wing Development Programs, Hoth, Shadows of the Empire....It would have been so Fun to revisit events you play through in XWA, XVsT, X-wing, TIE-Fighter...

As I said...Maybe the Expansion will be pushed Back to February so that they can get the feedback required to Actually make the game We want....

SWEET...I actually had a Message Deleted...

LMAO

Ok...Look here:

The Fact is that XIZOR is already in the game...Just not completely. It would have been a 2 day job adding him back and then as a SubFaction for the Empire add it in. They could have developed the story through the Intervening Years, the Yavin Blockade, Derra IV, Circapous IV, the TIE and B-wing Development Programs, Hoth, Shadows of the Empire....It would have been so Fun to revisit events you play through in XWA, XVsT, X-wing, TIE-Fighter...

As I said...Maybe the Expansion will be pushed Back to February so that they can get the feedback required to Actually make the game We want....

Correction: they would be making the game you want. That is not a game I want, for one. And I can bet its not a game a lot of other people want either. Why? Because other games already deal with that. That would be like making an RTS version of battlefront. Petroglyph is doing something different so we don't retread the same old stories and the same old crap, they are giving us something new.

So don't generalize your wants for the community's wants. It's not very becoming.

Sorry Xyvik....

Look. This is Star Wars. There is a wealth of Material to work From. IMO they shouldn't have tried to make this game unless they knew that they would piss off the HC SW fans who want to see all the fighters in their Canon Roles.

I just want a game that has everything that happened during the GCW

Sorry Xyvik....

Look. This is Star Wars. There is a wealth of Material to work From. IMO they shouldn't have tried to make this game unless they knew that they would piss off the HC SW fans who want to see all the fighters in their Canon Roles.

I just want a game that has everything that happened during the GCW

What I suggest is that you wait for more information. It's really hard to tell what the X-Pak is going to entail from those paragraphs. Perhaps this new crimelord is a subordinate of Xizor. Black Sun IS a big organization, you know. And there are hundreds of potential stories in Star Wars that have nothing to do with your main characters. Just look at all the work done in the "Tales From..." books. People looked beyond the established characters and crafted people, worlds, and stories outside the box, some with excellent results, some with not so excellent results.

The point is that the Star Wars universe is huge. There are billions of inhabitants. Why waste time retreading a story that has already been done in at least 3 other games when you can create something new?

Archived