Home

EAW EXPANSION ANNOUNCED!!

I assure you, that article merely scratched the surface. There's lots of new stuff coming.

I am keeping my hands out of this, till i see the bones of it.

Diplomacy, instant damage, decent AI, many units plus all the 1000++ requests in LF and PFF forums must be fulfiled.

I am afraid that since this x-pack is based on EaW engine, we'll get nothing new just a bunch of new units...

Although that "threat" feature hints diplomacy, i doubt if it's the depth of Total War or Rebellion.

And yes, im not a starcraft-C&C-or-any-other-spamfest-arcadish RTS player...

Thanks for that little Cherry on top there Torpid....You add a completely new Character Noone has EVER heard of and thats Just the Surface.....

Great...Fantastic....

What about the known characters Like Prince Xizor, Talon Karrde, THRAWN, ZAARIN!!

Almost every Star Wars game in existence adds new material. Remember that the definition of "canon" material is anything that appears in the movies - and that's it. Many of the things people are asking for are EU (including every character you mentioned above) and are "new" to people who only know the movies. Some of the best Star Wars games are completely new material (Knights of the Old Republic anyone?). And honestly, did anyone know who Grand Admiral Thrawn was before "Heir to the Empire" was written? Some people still don't know who he is. Are you really saying that anything new added to the mythology is automatically bad?

That said, many here are basing assumptions on a very short article with little actual information in it. Just because we are adding new material does not mean that some of the things you mentioned are not in the expansion - which is why I suggest that you wait until more detailed information is released before going off the deep end. As I said above, I really can't say anything more at this time, but I (or SageKing, or Delphi) will answer more questions as soon as the official announcement is made.

Guest DarthMaulUK

This isnt the place to debate the game engine. Weve a mod forum for that. Lets not start spamming.

DMUK

Are you really saying that anything new added to the mythology is automatically bad?

Although i stated my opinion above, i do believe that developers shouldn't be put a hang in their necks, move on a small chair where hardly can step and code on their computers...(Torpid: hmm...."10 ways for fully efficient game developement :D)

Moving a little "out of the line" and don't stick to SW Expanded Universe leaves many spaces for devs to move around; new units, new worlds, new stories.

Besides, Force Commander used a simple story of two brothers that joined Empire, unknown to the rest SW "universe", but the storyline was (personally) frigging nice for a first 3D RTS.

So, you don't know anything about that new rogue who wants an 11-size SSD. In the end, he might turn to rebels and save galaxy from a X,Y,Z,... threat. Or turn to empire. Or move on and become new emperor. Or wreack havoc in galaxy with piracy.

Non-linear storylines are, nontheless, in fashion afterall ;).

Sounds very interesting, though who cares about some lame-o pirate faction (:p) when the Imperials will now get SSDs and new TIEs! :D Though I wish it was a Clone Wars expansion, at least this one is adding (at least) one new side, which is a plus in my book. :)

I really hope Episodes 1 - 3's content are never included. They were some of the wost movies ever made, period.

Hear hear! Glad somebody besides me sees the light!

To be honest, I'm fully liking this idea. Minus Grand Admiral Thrawn, I've always liked pirates and smugglers as opposed to Imperials or Rebels. Well, I take that back a little bit, I've always preferred Imperial-aligned Pirates, because the Rebels are just a bunch of criminals who think that they are above the law. Scum.

Hmm....interesting. I'm eager to hear more about this...and eager to hear what "Machiavellian undercurrent as you spy, cajole," etc means. I hope we get to see more Galactic Map tools like probe droids or Interdictors in their full-fledged roles...

Almost every Star Wars game in existence adds new material. Remember that the definition of "canon" material is anything that appears in the movies - and that's it. Many of the things people are asking for are EU (including every character you mentioned above) and are "new" to people who only know the movies. Some of the best Star Wars games are completely new material (Knights of the Old Republic anyone?). And honestly, did anyone know who Grand Admiral Thrawn was before "Heir to the Empire" was written? Some people still don't know who he is. Are you really saying that anything new added to the mythology is automatically bad?

That said, many here are basing assumptions on a very short article with little actual information in it. Just because we are adding new material does not mean that some of the things you mentioned are not in the expansion - which is why I suggest that you wait until more detailed information is released before going off the deep end. As I said above, I really can't say anything more at this time, but I (or SageKing, or Delphi) will answer more questions as soon as the official announcement is made.

pwned.

guys lets wait before we jump to conclusions eh?

Interesting...kinda takes on the Battle for Middle Earth create your own character aspect...hmmm...

Well...right now I have no idea what to think, but I do have to say I'm interested in knowing what exactly will be heading our way, so I can't wait for the details.

Archived