Home

OMFG!!! HALO 3 REVEALED!!!

Reclaimer

Ah yes, saw it yesterday. Today, many people saw it at school since it is also on my iPod.

Oddly enough, I believe Halo and Halo 2 were comparable. Halo had an awesome unique feel in campaign. Halo 2 seemed a little forced for the gameplay, the the kick-ass storyline made up for it. The reason I'm happy for Halo 3 is that I want to know what exactly happens at the Ark in Africa, etc, etc.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GameSpot has established a media page compiling all the video clips collected during the E3 show. The list can be ordered by "Most Popular" to reveal the recently unveiled Super Smash Bros. Brawl is literally smashing all other clips with its viewership. Super Smash Bros. Brawl has been downloaded nearly 150,000 times; this is compared to the clip in the second position, a trailer for Halo 3 that hovers at around 43,000 downloads.

:p

*ducks and runs for cover*

*gets wasted*

*quits game*

;)

I'm just curious if it is purely the multiplayer that has everyone so excited about the halo series, because in my experience the single player is nothing to write home about. Is the multiplayer really that good that it makes the single player irrelevant? Is it really that much better than any other FPS multiplayer?

The Multiplayer is all I play anymore.

I guess I'm in the minority that thought that it had good story, especially if you read the books, especially the fall of reach. It really makes it great. The Flood expands on the game in numerous ways, such as what happened inbetween levels, and, one thing I really liked, is that is showed it from the covenant point of view.

I was mad at the cliffhanger ending of 2, but I knew they were setting up for a third one.

Reclaimer, I'll add you next time I log on.

My Gamertag is PsychoBongoBob for those that want to know. I am probably gonna be on at about 3 or 4 pm pacific today at the earliest. I make no promises though. Although most friday nights are spent going into the wee hours on matchmaking, so I'll definately be on tonight.

I don't see what all the fuss is about, it's a game that's following 2 so-so shooters, where all you do is shoot which gets annoying because the flood just don't die, the story line is not that great, but get your hopes up, let this top Halo and Fable as most over hyped game.

Come on. If you don't have anything constructive to say in here, other than the already established fact that it's overrated, then just please don't say anything. Let us halo fanboys have our own little thread. If you don't like halo, simply stay out.

I'm just letting everybody know, I'm hoppin on Xbox Live and Will probably be on for a long time. Like I said, My gamertag is PsychoBongoBob. Just send me a friend request stating who you are and that you're from LF and I'll add you.

I love Halo's storyline more than the combat.

And I really love the music

:]

I've now officially been researching halo plotlines for 3 hours >.<

and I found this interesting quote:

"We are the forerunners of a new race of people; we are the arbiters of the fate of unborn generations; we are the custodians of the chalice of truth. "

-Ernest Holmes 1887-1960

This guy was a religious scientist, which got me even mroe involved with religious halo parallels.

Oh, and that quote should send up three (or more) little red flags in your head.

If you want some real old school plot connections, check out "the cortana letters".

2 of the quotes from the trailer are almost exactly word for word from the cortana letters.

Either bungie is lazy, or *what I think* the Marathon games are linked to halo in some way.

If you want some real old school plot connections, check out "the cortana letters".

2 of the quotes from the trailer are almost exactly word for word from the cortana letters.

Either bungie is lazy, or *what I think* the Marathon games are linked to halo in some way.

I've read the cortana letters, but Bungie has said that Halo and Marathon are in two seperate, independent, univserses....

But I do think that cortana has/will go Rampant in the final game.

I've thought that since the end of Halo 2, when it showed her with gravemind. Also, in the trailer, the first couple of things she says, you can hear gravemind.

Found out that in the level of halo 2 where the flood crash the ships into High Charity, graveminds growlings, when played backwards, talk about defying god.

Also, the lifetime of a "smart" AI is only 7 years (once again bungies fixation with the number 7 shows). Makes me wonder how "old" cortana is. Maybe she's nearing her end.

True, but Its only been, what, a few months into the story really?

Reach -> Installation 04 -> (time passes, not very much) -> Poorly organized excavation crew turned invasion force -> Installation 05 -> High Charity -> Back to Earth

How could Cortana be at the top of her game through all of that, then suddenly go rampant? It would have to be a result of something that Gravemind (Sentient Flood Form methinks) does.

Which is why I wonder how long she existed before her first test run with John on reach in The Fall of Reach. And I have no doubt that gravemind could maker her rampant, or accelerate her towards rampancy. The one character they don't really tell you that much about in Halo 2 is Gravemind, which means they are saving him for 3.

God I can't wait. I just want a copy of the script right now. Come on. Please bungie?

Please don't tell me you're talking about it being hard on easy o.o

Fine, I won't tell you how I think it's hard on easy.

Those big sandy things that are all 'ZOMG RAWR!' scare the bejebus out of me when they slash you up. And spiderheads, I hate those people.

However, I'm not buying Halo 3. my regular old xbox is enough.

I would have really enjoyed Halo but they put in the flood, oh how I despise the flood, but I guess you guys love that stuff, And this is a democracy, majority rules, so have fun, I think i'll stick to hanging out with my friends.

flood suck ass. and before, the only reason why i was hoping the assault rifle was back is because that all my n00b friends would use on multiplayer, making easy killings:) hell, i'd rather go round just hitting people with a pistol than use the assault rifle!

I don't necessarily love the flood, but I don't hate them either. Sure, they may be generic horror monsters, but damnit, I like em. Without them, there would be no need for the Halo Structures.

And tbh, now that I have live, I love the multiplayer sooo very much.

Team snipers ftw :D

Archived