Home

Units and planets seen in the trailer

Already done. They are refered to as Mandalorian Starviper Fighters in the game.

THANK the heavens above!! My sincerest congratulations to you, I am now officially going to buy this expansion pack.

*runs around cheering madly*

I want my 'It's a Trap'™ slot, where the Imperials can hide a SINGLE fleet around one planet in the entire galaxy, where even recon doesn't see it, can't be a MASSIVE fleet as it'd be hard to hide, but enough to put up an unexpected fight and give the attacker a bloody nose.... Limit it by pop cap size, so the 'It's a Trap'™ slot would have a limit of say 20-35 pop cap points... Not enough to win the fight, but enough the make the enemy think about retreating or commiting with a secondary fleet on standby....

I just really hope that the Eclipse-Star destroyer doesnt fall into the hands of A pirate. Also, I hope that we can play as Rebs, Imps, OR this Tyber Zann. (Cough Timothy Zahn, you mean cough). Anywhoo, The emporer wouldnt let the Eclipse fall into anybodys hands. That'd be like Tyber Zann getting his hands on Either of the death stars. Its jsut not realistic. At all. I can handle SOME non-realism, but a random pirate getting the Emporer's most powerful ship ever? Not without about 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of those droidekas we saw. THEN he migth stand a chance. Maybe. Or not.

Anyone else notice that the Rebels have TWO Y-Wing icons on the galactic interface in the trailer?

I bet it's a place holder for the B-Wing :)

Also, I hope that we can play as Rebs, Imps, OR this Tyber Zann.

You can play either of these sides in Galatic Conquest or Skirmish, but for the single player game only Tyber's side will be available.

mmm droidekas, ssds, ARGHH bring it on!!!!

now another thing, they should give the calamarians their respective hangars so they can deploy x , y, b and a wings :D

Hmm what the hell are you doing here! Shoo! You shouldn't come back now! XD

Ejem.. muajaja the milkman still alive ;)

I just read something on GameSpot from their private preview, so this isn't from the trailer, but I don't see any better thread to post this in. They said they watched the corruption forces bribe a "Transport Tank", load units onto the tank, and sneak past a defensive turret inside the tank. Cool, finally land transports that can be loaded and unloaded. Maybe there will be space transports too?

One thing I noticed about the trailer: They are being VERY carefull NOT to show us any hint of the tactical combat user interface. I'm hoping to see some changes there. Can any of the devs comment on possible changes to the GUI in combat mode at this time? I'd really like to see all of my units displayed at the bottom of the screen, and just highlight the ones that are selected at any one time. Maybe even display the quick-grouping numbers at the bottom as well. Has this been considdered for the expansion?

Where is a Hapan Battle Cruiser?!

There is no Hapan Battle Dragon in the trailer that's just an optical illusion. These are 2 shots I made from the trailer, and in the first it does look vaguely like a battle dragon. But the second one is several seconds later and shows that they are really a couple of destroyers and cruisers fighting in the distance.

Lookes like a Battle Dragon

But are just a distant battle

Off course, just because it's not in the trailer, doesn't mean it's not in the game. Thorpid has all ready said that we haven't seen it all yet.

Where exactly is yoda. I don't recall seeing him at all.[/Quote]

I didn't see him in the trailer either, but on the LucasArts site you can see a screenshot of the Galactic map with an icon of Yoda on Tatooïne

Lucasarts site

One thing I noticed about the trailer: They are being VERY carefull NOT to show us any hint of the tactical combat user interface. I'm hoping to see some changes there. Can any of the devs comment on possible changes to the GUI in combat mode at this time? I'd really like to see all of my units displayed at the bottom of the screen, and just highlight the ones that are selected at any one time. Maybe even display the quick-grouping numbers at the bottom as well. Has this been considdered for the expansion?

So far the changes to the tactical interface have only been made to support new units/powers. The galactic interface got a whole bunch of new stuff, but we'll tell you more about that later. For E3 and screen shots they usually turn off the interface so that more of the action is visible, which is why you don't see it in the video. I'm sure Delphi will want to do a pass through the interface, so I'll pass along your suggestions.

Archived