Home

Official Trailer - view or download it

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

And was launched moments ago on the Official Star Wars website. You can view the trailer here

To download it, right click and 'save target as' onto your desktop

DMUK

The Trailer is amazing, They must have expanded the maps in order to fir the eclispe ssd in... I just watched the trailer. With the Pirate forces in, they managed to compromise our need for clone wars units. Seeing the scale of the eclipse is an amazingment about 300x larger than a regular ISD. I wonder what you can do to allow a greater power as in that how can you counter it. Petroglyph has added greater detail to the star-ships, I think I say the moldy crow in there(not sure). Can anyone clarify to my who had the light-whip? she is near the end of the trailer.

Cool. Did I see droid wariors on the land map? If so, then maybe there's droid fighters too. I know I saw that tall skinny droid bounty hunter from Empire Strikes Back. I don't remember his name, but I used to have the action figure and I think it had the letter Q in it with some numbers. LoL. The first question I have for the dev team (or anyone else who knows and has permission to tell) is; How many playable sides will there be? Will it still be one team or the other, or will we still be able to play the rebels and emperials in addition to the new faction. It looks like there will be three factions playable in the game now. That would be GREAT for online play. SageKing, can you answer this one yet? (or maybe a little hint?)

P.S. ...To be released in the Fall of 06? That should be good for sales because of Christmas and will probably guarantee further expansion/sequals. Awesome. Starwars has needed a great RTS franchise for a LONG TIME, and now we'll finally have one. And it will be created by some of the best RTS people in the galaxy.

Some quick answers:

- I didn't see a Moldy Crow, but the IG-2000 was there.

- The lady with the whip is a new hero character, Silri the Nightsister

- There are both Dark Troopers (all three phases) and Destroyer Droids in the trailer

- The skinny droid is IG-88

- All three factions are playable. The story campaign only covers Tyber's story; galactic conquest still only supports 2 players, but you can choose from all three factions; tactical multiplayer will support all three at once.

- The presence of the droidekas will be explained in the story campaign :)

The IG-2000 is IG-88's ship...interesting that he (it?) shows up, IG-88 really hasn't entered games or other EU sources to much of an extent at all up to this point. Off to watch it now...

EDIT: After seeing some of the new ships and weapons, I can't help but be reminded of Homeworld. Everything looks sweet, I can't wait to see more specific info on the official site!

(Side note: The Indy trailer on lucasarts.com is hilarious.)

Torpid they got all that techno from uknown regions or what ?

This could allow to connect the history. I mean if this pirate was exploring uknown regions and found the Eclipse later on the Empire coulde have captured it and do some reverse engineering in order to obtain plans. Of course as ever reverse engineering this would have been long and full of erros explaining why it wasn't used against rebelion by the Empire and why we see it only in the EU.

Btw Torpid can we have more infos on new gameplay features. For now what is holding me off from purchasing the expension pack isn't how lore the thing is or how much units you have it is the actual gameplay of the EAW (I dont like it as it is).

How does the gamplay has changed and will new AI be compatilbe with the EAW (meanng is this stand alone x-pack or not) ?

Thank you for any clarification.

Remember that I can't answer questions about anything that hasn't been revealed yet, so some of your questions will have to wait until the dev chat. I can say that the focus of gameplay for the Underworld is very different from the other sides. Their tech comes from many places - I really can't say exactly but much will be explained in the story.

torpid can u say whether or not the pop caps for both land and space have been raised to a moderate number

Not yet, but we're still in the "adding stuff in" phase. That would come in at the balance phase at a later date. I would think it's pretty likely that some change will occur considering that there will be more "stuff" to play with on all sides.

Nice trailer is impressive! I assume it means the space maps will be bigger to hold all the action?

Since I hear George himself plays this game, I assume the resources have been added to really beef up the original EAW with more content and AI (somewhat stuff that was cut due to time constraints from the original).

The Zann angle faction is very interesting for gameplay. The new units "Tie Interceptor" is very much appreciated. Oh, almost forgot about the SSD. :p

Wow, I am excited the only thing that sucks is that Darth Torpid's comment that only two factions will be supported in the Galactic conquest mode. Come on put all three in there. I want the pirates to take to the offensive sometimes. Cause I am not swayed away from my Imperial faction yet. I would love the challenge of putting down the rebellion and a pirate faction at the same time.

Guest DarthMaulUK

I'm making a download available right now. I've had a busy week and as always things theses are emailed to me when I am asleep so here I am at 6 in the morning doing this! lol

DMUK

Wow, I am excited the only thing that sucks is that Darth Torpid's comment that only two factions will be supported in the Galactic conquest mode. Come on put all three in there. I want the pirates to take to the offensive sometimes. Cause I am not swayed away from my Imperial faction yet. I would love the challenge of putting down the rebellion and a pirate faction at the same time.

I should clarify that I mean multiplayer galactic conquest will still only support two players. If you play galactic conquest solo, you can have all three factions at once. Allowing three players in GC multiplayer is a code issue that can't be handled in the scope of an expansion.

Archived