Home

The One Year Thread

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't you try something like this before? IT sounds familiar...

------------------

Was I supposed to eat the heads too? 'Cause I took nooo prisioners!

Once again, evil is defeated through the use of decorative agricultural technology!

Official forum Psychic

Unless China nukes us, I don't think a year from now is going to be any different.

But now I will leave a message from myself for the Nute in the future to read:

Hello and greetings Future Nute.

How are you? The past is going okay, but I'm not sure how it's going to turn out. Maybe you can tell me.

I'm reading 1984 right now. In the future, has the Party achieved total control over your daily life and begun observing you through telescreens and hidden microphones? It would be a shame if you were killed in the purges and were unable to read this message. If the Party hasn't taken control, have you at least HELPED? I mean all this work I've been putting into the...er...stuff. I would hate for all that to go to waste.

How was Episode II, assuming that the great upheavel around the rise of the Party didn't make that movie not come out.

Have they invented flying cars yet? that would suck if they haven't. i mean they promised flying cars and where the hell are the flying cars damnit

I just realized there's no way for Future Nute to contact me so this is all a waste of time. frown.gif

Guest Zoom Rabbit

I'd like to tell myself that when I jumpstart the warp engines cold on the event horizon of Cygnus X-1 and slingshot myself out of danger through a subspace rift, I must remember to calculate in the mass of acceleration or I could wind up being temporally misplaced into the past.

Good luck, me! smile.gif Shoot the rapids.

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Well, the only real way to kill a thread is to get it closed by one of the moderators. *(Exposes himself in public.)* How's this?

To: Future Cracken

Subject: WWHHHHHHAAAAAZZZZZZAAAAAPPPP!!?!?!?

Hello, my well cultured asian counter part! And how are we today? well, I'm dandy, as I'm on the road to becoming a supervisor at Regal Cinema's. Are you (I mean I...... Wierd) still employed there? Free movies man, can't go wrong.

Have you found a female suited to your (our) tastes yet? An intelligent, funny, girl gamer who's good looking? Not that you can tell me, but oh well. Keep looking. there's GOT to be one out there. maybe.....

And have you gotten over that Diablo II addiction yet? It's been (will be) two years man! get a life! Sheesh.

well, Enjoy your Senior year at school. I'm NOT gonna enjoy my Junior year. it will be the embodyment of suckage.

Peace!

<END OF LINE>

------------------

This post has been proven more fun

than nailing a weasle to your forehead!

Because the weasle might care.

OFFICIAL ANIME AMBASSADOR OF XWA.NET!™

Official Diablo II Guru!

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Wally the space dolphin notes that automobiles display the most curious behavior of any of Earth's land-dwelling species with their strange linear herding patterns, bioluminescent mating displays that can be seen from space and the way they swallow human beings, only to disgourge them--apparently unharmed--miles away from where they started.

To: Future Zaarin

Subject: A short reminder

Date: About a year ago, OK? I tend to lose track of the days. It happens when you only see the sun every couple of months.

Hey there, big guy, how've ya been? Ever make 20 kills in a game of CS? Seen the outside world recently? I wouldn't know much about that, I haven't been there for a long while. (I would, but the electronically controlled door operators, those servants of the mysterious world order, haven't approved our visa yet.)

Before I forget, please, please tell me you've finally got that personal 270Mbit T4 line installed? And don't say you haven't got the money. It's like I keep telling myself: All you gotta do is hack Microsoft, and steal a few billion off Bill Gates. Hey, so long as Microsoft is on the receiving end, bank robbing is ethical. And deface some of their sites while your at it. Oh, and taking some source code wouldn't go amiss.

Anyway, I hope you acheived those, and all your other dreams. And for the love of god, keep that cupboard shut.

-Zaarin.

Guest Borg Collective

We are already posting from earth-year 2380.

Do you wish us to open a temporal conduit to 2381 or 2002?

------------------

Resistance is futile.

Guest Rogue 9

Note to self...don't forget how ticked I am about them killing Criton and they had better bring him back somehow...

*suddenly, a phone booth, with a funky-looking antenna appears*

<FONT COLOR = "white">*gets out of phone booth*

Whoa. Cool ride.</FONT>

Whoa! Dude, you're me!

<FONT COLOR = "white">From the future, dude.</FONT>

Uh, what's with the 80s surfer accent?

<FONT COLOR = "white">Well, y'see dude, in a few months, this is gonna become real popular again. It's that whole philosophy of space-time being circular, and the far future curving back on itself to connect with the distant past, n' stuff.</FONT>

Excellent, man. But, how do you know all this?

<FONT COLOR = "white">Oh, the girl <strike>I'm</strike> <strike>you're</strike> we're going with is a Physics major.</FONT>

Wha? I thought "Crisis-girl" was an English major.

<FONT COLOR = "white">Not her, dude; the one you'll meet in September, in Witchcraft class. You know, the black-haired chick you caught checkin' you, er, us out last winter?</FONT>

She's a wiccan/goth too? Awesome!!!

<FONT COLOR = "white">She is most righteous, me-dude. But, y'know, it's only a possible future, so I may be changing it just by telling you, or me. Whoa, wierd.</FONT>

It is most circuitous, dude. But, where did I get the booth?

<FONT COLOR = "white">Oh! The future-me wanted me to give myself this. I guess that's you.

*hands over the Phoenix Gate*

You're supposed to do some stuff here, then jump to 2026 and meet up with some guy called Rufus. He'll give you the phone booth. Then you'll come to 2002 and give it to me before using the Phoenix Gate to dance back to here.

*looks around*

And it's great to see all you guys again, BTW.

Oh, and Nute, I have an important message from you to yourself, dude.</FONT>

Don't break it. Whatever you do, don't break it, or all my plans will fall apart.

<FONT COLOR = "white">He said <strike>he</strike> you'd know what he was talking about.

Well, I've gotta get gone, folks.

Be excellent to each other.

*re-enters booth, and dials a number*</FONT>

*booth vanishes with a flash of light and a wild guitar riff*

Whoa. Surreal.

Sorry, guys, what were we talking about?

------------------

It's like I always say: When the going gets tough, the tough . . . switch to artillery.

Archived