Home

Has the expansion got you excited?

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Some great screenshots and trailer were released today and personally everything looks exciting as ever.

Seeing the sheer size of the Super Star Destroyer makes all Imperial Admirals rub their hands with excitement as the Rebel scum look to be doomed. How will the Alliance counter this new threat? Will the B-Wing be enough? Can Boba Fett take out scores of them with his charges?

What of the population limit? This must be raised to allow enough ships to defend and counter other units during battle. Having the Underworld as a new faction is a great idea. Imagine controlling all the scum in the galaxy....but will Boba Fett remain loyal to the Empire?

All these questions!!!!

DMUK

Yes more then ever. The idea of finally being able to control the eclipse is something else. Hope you have not forgotten about me, I have not posted in a while. It is one of two things that have been excited right now. The other is the map editor. Another question to add is, how will the rebels counter the eclipse because it is although not canon, the most powerful weapon in the galaxy. I believe Boba is a pirate after the death of the emperor. the SSD might be able to be countered with something of a "trench" run to the command deck, or just crash a a-wing into it. Just the current events going on right now, have be excited.

I am excited. To be honest the best star wars games added to the story not the ones who simply followed it. The pirates combine the old and the new pretty good. We get all our sweet wish list units like SSD and b-wings. Right now I am excited. The more cool features they add the more my wallet opens to the corrupt side of the force. Though I still plan to play as the empire.

No offence to the guys, but I'm more excited about LoW than the expansion, because well, the size just doesn't look right in the expansion, and the guys at LoW clam they are going to make everything just "right" ;)

That's what Jugg always claims, but honestly there is no way they will be able to balance that behemoth. Let the pros do it, unless you're going to do something original :)

Things I'm looking forward to:

1)A third side (which a mod can't give you properly yet)

2)Cloaking (which, as far as I know, a mod can't give you yet)

3)A new way of conquering the galaxy (which a mod can't give you just yet)

4)A ton of new units and stuff(which a mod can give, just not yet)

Don't get me wrong, the guys at LoW are doing a great job...but an official expansion is what we need. We'll just have to wait and see :)

no Offence guys but the first one was a shocker it was half ar*se and i really cant see the second being any better, i just hope they prove me wrong

You're basing your opinion on an unreleased, still-in-development expansion on the fact that you didn't like the original? There's no reason why an expansion can't be better than the original.

When I first heard of an expansion coming with an SSD in it, I was excited. When I saw the trailer my jaw dropped through my desk... WOW, just wow!

Just look what's allready confirmed: 3rd fraction, Executor class SSD, the Eclipse SSD (the most powerfull warship in the EU, ever), Death Star 2, New heroes (Nightsister, Luke and Yoda). I'd start drooling for less...

Does it ever have me excited! I can't wait to get my hands on this baby. I can't for the life of me figure out why so many people are so negative about it. Every single thing I've seen about it looks incredibly promising. Base customization, a whole new faction, new units, new heroes, bigger maps, additional rules... I ask you, what's not to love?

Yes I Pissed my pants like 4 TIMES WHEN I SAW IT ESPECIALLY the ECLIPSE SUPER STAR DESTROYER AND SUPER STAR DESTROYER!!!!! I like the Dark troopers though with the galaxies look :)

But I still say that the Legacy of war SSD looks better! And I told all of you they are making a expansion now SHOWER me in gifts! lol

You're basing your opinion on an unreleased, still-in-development expansion on the fact that you didn't like the original? There's no reason why an expansion can't be better than the original.

I agree there is no reason it cant be better but an even better way of saying it would be....It HAS to be better.....What would be the point of releasing an expansion that made the game worse rather than good? Trust me, a company with G. man lucas in charge WOULD not shoot themselves in the foot like that lmao.

The expansion should be considered an entirely new game in my opinion, not just an expansion...BUT expansions are cheaper so i aint complaining lol

It better require EaW and not be stand-alone. Because, if it is stand-alone, the guys in LEC will be laughing at us while eating hamburgers and saying "Ho ho, they paid 50 bucks to buy an intetionally unfinished game and now they're paying 50 bucks to get the finished one, ho ho!"

It better require EaW and not be stand-alone. Because, if it is stand-alone, the guys in LEC will be laughing at us while eating hamburgers and saying "Ho ho, they paid 50 bucks to buy an intetionally unfinished game and now they're paying 50 bucks to get the finished one, ho ho!"

ya but considering the amount of money ive already given to the lucas companies (3 different editions of the original movies, all the dvds, almost every game from every console and pc, seeing the movies 3-5 times or more at the theaters etc etc...) whats another $50? lmao

Archived