Home

Death Star II

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

With the introduction of the second Death Star, this must mean that the ability to destroy it will be taken out of the hands of Red Squadron?

Personally, I have never liked the idea of just Red Squadron taking out the DS, especially as it doesnt work in multiplayer / campaign games online.

I wonder...... however, it also brings a new threat to the battlefield for the Rebel Alliance. If the ability to sabotage was included in the game, well.. that Death Star shield looks vunerable!

DMUK

I bet the second death star has some different rules, planatery shield, and maybe you just have to win the battle above it, who knows? I'd bet they have some Galactic Conquests that are DS1 only and some that are DS2 only.

Death Star II in the backround:

I wonder if that is how it will always appear in combat. I hope not, as it's obviously not even finished. :rolleyes:

What did you mean by that?

If you meant the model doesn't look finished, that's the way the Death Star 2 looks. Re-watch ROTJ. (:

But if you meant the sizing, then yeah, that's certainly not even real. Or maybe it's on a lower or higher plane of its own, so that ships could fly without being inconvenienced, while still participating in the battle.

If you meant the model doesn't look finished, that's the way the Death Star 2 looks. Re-watch ROTJ. (:

Im pretty sure Darth Andrew knows that ;)

I think he is refering to how not pretty it looks lol. And possible how its size doesnt look bigger than the first Death Star.

Isn't there a little problem with DS 2 and SSD scale.

In ROTJ SSD is crushing on the surface of the DS and it was like fly splashed on the front of you car.

But in this pic SSD is much bigger than DS2.

But that wasn't a completed Death Star. ;)

It still missed vital systems, like it's own shield.

Noone is going to launch a weapon like that without a shield to protect it against, for instance, planet debries. :D

They'd have to keep the death star incomplete as once it is supposed to be completely the exhaust ports were only going to be a few milimeters wide, as opposed to the original death star which had exhaust ports that were 2 meters wide, hence how torpedos managed to destroy it... The death star II HAD to be destroyed while under construction as it required flying into the super structure to destroy it...

Doesn't the Death Star 2 have the ability to destroy capital ships though? That would suggest it being in the active plane.

im guessing it is going to use the same technique as the rebels ion cannona dn empires err, gun thing (cant believe ive forgotten its name -_-)

so it will come from the death star II in the backround

No, not at all. It can be in a different plane and still retain the ability to destroy capital ships.

Agreed: It's probably a cinematic-level item. As backup, pause the trailer on the shots of the Eclipse's bow, with ISDs in the foreground. The SSD is not on the minimap, and we see a control level on the interface analogous to the Death Star control lever in EaW. My guess is that the DS2/Eclilpse are cinematic elements that grant the owning player a "superweapon" ability; but the other side in the battle probably has the ability to launch attack runs on the DS/SSD.

Archived