Home

Devs please reconsider

That might be true, but the mediums you mentioned above (Novel, Comic, RPG, etc.) are appropriate to develop characters and races, and a storyline. An RTS simply isn't. Now if this were a RPG, then things would be different because the characters would be able to be more developed. But it isn't. You can't simply develop characters and a good storyline in this type of game. The only successful RTS I've seen that has done that is Warcraft III, but that itself is a combination of RTS and RPG elements. This game sure isn't. So you shouldn't really introduce new storyline aspects in this type of medium. Just look at Galactic Battlegrounds. It introduced a lot of new storyline things, like Sev Rance Tann. But are they in use by other Star Wars things? No.

Joking? An RTS is as good a genre as any. Maybe even better. Warcraft III isnt really strategic so that's a bad example in itself.

Have you ever heard of Command and Conquer games? Those were ripe with storylines and character development and did it in a GREAT way. It can be done in an RTS, just takes a little work to make sure you do it right. Of course so do RPG games, KoToR wasnt made in a day. Neither is Forces of Corruption.

I agree, EaW does have the right to create new Star Wars story. If they just did something from the EU it would be boring. Everything we have now was someone adding to the Star Wars story like a lengend passed on from one generation to another why shouldn't Petro do their part? I am intrested to see a Republic at War type game down the line though. It doesnt have to be an expansion to EaW.

While I am happy about an expansion pack for the game I feel that the content is not right. Of course the new things like the Death Star II and the Super Star Destroyer are more than welcomed. But what is with this new race we've never even heard of before? I really want a Clone Wars expansion. I mean if there's going to be any type of expansion for EAW it should be a Clone Wars expansion, not featuring a race that hasn't even appeared in the EU, or isn't even canon for that matter. Please reconsider devs. A Clone Wars expansion would also be MUCH more entertaining than the current expansion, I assure you.

to be honest IF there was a clone wars game it wouldnt be an exapansion pack, it would be empire at war 2. and as most people i was unsure of tyber zann as a 3rd side but they have grown on me. and if you want clone wars go here

imperial assualt 2

Althought I think that this expansino is greate, I am still a little dissapointed that it is not based on a Clone Wars Era. Then again, maybe they will make a new engine in the future and the clone wars era won't be an expansion, but Empire at War 2, which would be much bettewr then the expansion. I think that they will make a strategy gam based on Clone Wars Era in the time to come. Imagine huge battles like in the mocvies with many jedi fighting battle droids! Don't you agree?

Archived