Home

can't start game

starsfan00

I played the game just fine last night, so I don't know what's going on. I tried to play this afternoon, and got this message box:

Conflict with Emulation Software detected.

Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=%CODE% for further, more detailed information.

I reinstalled the game, and was able to run it immediately after. However, I exited the game to patch it, and I can't open it up again. I get the splash screen with the "start game," "options," etc, but when I press start game, it acts like it wants to load, but then gives me that message instead.

EDIT

I saw the thread DMUK made about the game not starting. I saw on the website that virtual drives can conflict with the game or something, but it seemed to me like they were saying it's only a problem if the game is running from a virtual drive. I was running it from the CD. Anyway, I went ahead and unistalled Alcohol 120%, and the game seems to be running fine. Whatever.

Anyway, what I'd like to know is why this would all of a sudden happen today, when I had Alchohol 120% on my computer when I installed EaW on release day. Shouldn't it have done something about it then? Any input would be nice.

Theres a function in alcohol 120% called RMPS emulation, The game doesn't like this. You can have Daemon tools/Alcohol on your system as long as this emulation is deactivated when trying to run the game.

In daemon tools its a simple matter, i've never used Alcohol however, but it should be in the settings.

Archived