Home

Forces of Acclamators

What's the point of an expansion with new units when the single-player AI will simply build an army of Acclamators to "hunt you down"...

Assuming this new "expansion" fixes this problem and more, I'll still be hacking the hell out of the lua's in preperation for my new mod and hope this new expansion doesn't kill half of it.

FYI: I've rescaled everything, in my opinion, more appropriately than most other mods I've downloaded. (Remember, the Falcon should be able to hide on the fixture of a Star Destroyer, not be merely a tenth of its size). Much larger land scales, larger squads of Stormtroopers acoompanied automatically with a few Imperial Navy Soldiers, tough Rebels (think Terran vs. Zerglings), Acclamators that are Acclamators and not spitting out tons of Tie Fighters (These were assault ships), Imperial Star Destroyer Class I AND Class 2, a HUGE Home One as it was supposed to be, and space fighters that mean something (meaning X-Wing Fighters are seriously worth a damn). I've been working hard trying to alter cut scenes to include in the single player galactic conquests to make it really feel worthwhile when conquering a planet. I've also fixed the terrible, terrible, terrible, absolutely abysmal bugs involved in land combat (HUGE structures blocking paths etc. etc. etc.)

Speaking of planets, I have created a new Planetary map which features the actual planets in their systems according to the offical Star Wars galactic map. In addition, I've added about 20+ more planets (Sluis Van, Tanaab, Bakura, Khomm, Chandrila etc.) Some of the planets are conquerable only by space, and not by land. It makes for interesting gameplay because you are able to guard systems and use the planets as actual satellites to see where Rebel or Imperial fleets might be hitting. It creates a WORLD of new tactical strategy for Galactic Conquest vs. games.

Once I figure out where this silly game is storing my screenshots (I'm hacking luas but can't find my screenshots... go figure... ) I can display them. I've been hitting F12, the Screenshot command, throughout game testing, but I simply cannot find them and I don't feel like going back and forth throwing screens into photoshop.

Anyway... yeah... can't wait to do even more bug fixing for the developers of this new expansion (You're Welcome). On a positive note, the Super Star Destroyer sounds awesome. Can't wait to rescale it and add it to my mod.

What kind of point is that? You're already close to thrashing the thing just a while after it has been announced.

An expansion adds elements to the original game. It is sometimes meant to fix some gameplay quirks but rarely is it a bug fix. Whatever you call it, it is an expansion by definition and there's nothing you can do about it.

Acclamators that are Acclamators and not spitting out tons of Tie Fighters (These were assault ships),

and space fighters that mean something (meaning X-Wing Fighters are seriously worth a damn).

Acclamators don`t currently 'spit out' fighters... 2 Tie Fighters and a Tie Bomber are hardly a horde.

X-Wings *are* effective. Just steer them clear of laser cannon batteries and in numbers they can drain a shield on a Victory class cruiser very quickly. The computer enlightened me to the possibilities one particular game, when I thought my Imperials would have an easy time of it. My capital ships were annihilated.

Archived