Home

New plantets: Bespin and Kamino

IGN preview mentions these as "new planets" .. does that mean we're getting ground maps for these planets? Utapau (or however it's spelt) could also go alongside these as a "difficult terrain" planet (i.e, no real ground) so is this somthing new for the expansion pack? Pseudo space/ground battles? Or just enormous platforms..

discuss..

Guest DarthMaulUK

I would ignore what IGN says, it hasnt a clue about computer games or anything. Kamino could be in the game. Now, wheres Gamespot...

DMUK

I would ignore what IGN says, it hasnt a clue about computer games or anything. Kamino could be in the game. Now, wheres Gamespot...

DMUK

I'd say the same thing about Gamespot...they are exceedingly biased and largely incorrect in a lot of things, so we're really left waiting for PCGamer or sometimes even GameSpy or GamePro

Or just wait until the game comes out and find for yourself. :)

Yeah but there cant fight really. They are cloners you would assume that they have some home guard troopers. I mean I thought that durning the Clone Wars when there home world was attack by the CIS they activated the ARC troopers? Am I wrong? They dont have to be the Clones from the clone wars but some varitation atleast.

Yeah but the Mon Calamari are not know for making clone troopers either. Their planet does however specifically produce their MC cruisers. Granite not in defense of their planet but still. I would hope that either the Kaminoians use clones to defend their planet or they offer clones as a unique unit for the empire.

I guess somethings we need to consider are:

which side would the kaminoians be loyal to the Empire or Rebels?

This is important because if their rebels then most likely they will fight themselves because of their personal intrest in freedom. though they might still produce clones for the Rebels since that is their cheif expertese. Though again one would wonder how the rebels would preceive the use of clones considering their track record.

If they support the empire then they would definately continue to produce clones for the Empire like they did for the Republic.

Every planet has some special bonus or penalty. Kamino probably gives a bonus to infantry in some way. That seems obvious. Maybe even a free barracks building, and/or a ground location that can be captured to gain free clone troops during battle (or several locations). As for the gas giant planets that have no surface, there could either be platforms or they could be treated like asteriod stations that only have space maps, but grant income and act as lanes of travel. What I've seen so far indicates that they have made some MAJOR changes to campaign and ground maps, so there may be possibilities that we can't even imagine at this point.

IGN preview mentions these as "new planets" .. does that mean we're getting ground maps for these planets? Utapau (or however it's spelt) could also go alongside these as a "difficult terrain" planet (i.e, no real ground) so is this somthing new for the expansion pack? Pseudo space/ground battles? Or just enormous platforms..

discuss..

Actually, these maps will be done using a relatively new funtion of the map editor that we just never had the time to exploit. In fact, the map editor you guys will eventually get to download will have this feature. You'll see... :D

Actually, these maps will be done using a relatively new funtion of the map editor that we just never had the time to exploit. In fact, the map editor you guys will eventually get to download will have this feature. You'll see... :D

As I was saying in my previous post in this thread. The new features may make things possible that we can't even imagine at this point. Very cool indeed.

Actually, these maps will be done using a relatively new funtion of the map editor that we just never had the time to exploit. In fact, the map editor you guys will eventually get to download will have this feature. You'll see...

So are you confirming that these planets will now have ground maps to go with 'em? :p

So are you confirming that these planets will now have ground maps to go with 'em? :p

Chances are if the planets are in the map, then they would have a ground map in them. Heck, they're even placing a Bespin map in, so why not Utapau? :D

Archived