Home

Custom fighting styles for KotorIII

Browny11uk

I think you should be able to make you own stlye & how you hold your saber, vibroblade,blaster E.T.C

SO like youd start of in a menu you & can desgin your own style to where the arms are postioned to what it actually does so e.g....

+single aponents

-blasters

So please post your veiws.. & excuse me im going to play KotorII got me right in the mood.

:slsaber:

or at least nobody said that it should be like JK/JA combat system, hehehehe....which I do not support, buuuut thinking about that, if I had JK combat system Malak nor darth traya would not stand a chance, maybe a littleone.....hehe

I think it would be nice if you could make a custom style by allocating bonus points to attack and defense under certain circumstances or against certain kinds of attack. You could gain more points at level up, and gradually make your custom style stronger and more versatile.

They should keep it the way it currently is. It's what makes KotOR ..well...KotOR. I'd rather they focus more on the storyline, getting bugs out, and more on the actual gameplay itself rather than working on some system to have people be able to custom animate their character, which could actually be done with mod tools (given you have the skeleton and model)

I think you should be able to make you own stlye & how you hold your saber, vibroblade,blaster E.T.C

SO like youd start of in a menu you & can desgin your own style to where the arms are postioned to what it actually does so e.g....

+single aponents

-blasters

So please post your veiws.. & excuse me im going to play KotorII got me right in the mood.

:slsaber:

Personally, I don't think you should be able to create your own style, at least in regards to lightsabers. The lightsaber forms have been developed over hundreds or thousands of years, and are very efficient at what each is designed to do. In that sense, each form is the ultimate that can be achieved. It is extremely unlikely that someone is going to come along and develop a style that is just as good or better all on their own.

Personally, I don't think you should be able to create your own style, at least in regards to lightsabers. The lightsaber forms have been developed over hundreds or thousands of years, and are very efficient at what each is designed to do. In that sense, each form is the ultimate that can be achieved. It is extremely unlikely that someone is going to come along and develop a style that is just as good or better all on their own.

I disagree. Mace Windu made his own style, and that's another 4000 years later. Even when watching the movies it is clear that everybody fights with their own different styles, anakin, obi1, etc...

Still though, I wouldn't care about having the option to have my own style. Seems kinda silly. Just give me a game with better graphics, a good story, and *gasp* an actual ending and I'll be happy. All that other stuff is useless glitter for the hardcore role-playing nerds to complain about ;)

I disagree. Mace Windu made his own style, and that's another 4000 years later. Even when watching the movies it is clear that everybody fights with their own different styles, anakin, obi1, etc...

Mace Windu took the incomplete Juyo form and brought it to completion -> Vaapad. There aren't enough different Jedi fighting in the movies to see the similarities exactly but there are some clues. Yoda and Sidious pretty definitely use Ataru: They're offensive all the time and use the force to make up for their age (and size). Dooku is very precise -> Makashi. Obi is more difficult - he is mostly defensive (Soresu) but he uses offensive (likely Ataru) techniques as well.

It's not true that everybody fights with his own different style but it's true that while using one "basic" style Jedi can mix other techniques into it. Thats where Kotor "sucks" - while Jedi can have knowledge of more than one form, they can only learn one form to mastery.

i wouldnt mind there being like a custom style thing (i would do my style like dooku episode2 or anikan episode3). But it would probally be hard to use
But if you want a style like Anakin or Dooku, why not just use Form V and Form II like they use. And we can do that already in the current game.

Archived