Home

Trailer

Samnmax221

I think that Max's voice is decent, but Sam's is really bad. Oh well, there are more important things than voice actors.

What bothers me is that the models are identical to Lucas Art's. I know they would be similar because some of the same people made them and because Percell probably aproved, but it looks like a copy and paste job. To me that means that a) Telltale is gonig half assed or b) someone planned to cancel and remake the Lucas Art's version from the start.

I don't think I've really developed a strong opinion one way or another yet without having seen any of the wacky locales or deranged supporting characters or any trace of a plot.

It was pretty much, "Hey look, it's Sam and Max, and they have voices! Also Gametap." But it looks like it could be pretty good, so I'm excited about that.

Well the models are different from LucasArts, but it just seems these people design their characters pretty bulky for some reason. Bone was like that too. It's not that annoying, but I read somewhere they were going to tweak them as they go along, forgot where though.

Max's expression looks too glassy now compared to the LucasArts model for some reason.

But all of that doesn't really matter that much. It's just the voice acting. And they seemed to be somewhat out of character in the trailer but that could have just been because it was advertising Gametap. Nice to see someone actually put the guns back in.

And I agree with Itchy.

Haven't seen the whole thing, only got choppy performance. Max sounds 'on the money', but Sam sounds pretty defeated and yes; bored.

Geez, if the characters lack expression and the friendship bond isn't apparent as it was in bundles in the first game, and if there's not a strong story to glue the whole experience together, I'm afraid there's just going to be 'cardboard', and on its own, cardboard just ain't magical.

That's SAM & MAX's whole selling point: MAX is a deranged hyperactive manic bunny, and SAM is a slightly more sane wise-cracking father-figure that allows MAX free reign to perform his crazy antics. At least, that's what sold me. And MAX's naturally happy-go-lucky warm manic smile.

Mike

http://www.bruandboegie.com - the kiffest comic in the world

I found it enjoyable, I like Max's voice quite a bit, but Sam's may take some growing. I also like (slightly off topic) the 'Seasons' of the game they are doing where several of the small episodes build one bigger story, then they do another set of them. Seems like it could be cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived