Home

Foc featuring units we havnt thought of?

Since EAW is all about attacking and countering... we know that the TIE interceptor will be here to counter the A Wing (the Tie scout is more like countering Z95s lol )... and the TIE Defender will be the equivalent of the B Wing... but what will counter the TIE V38 Phantom ?? The E Wing? what else??

Several units will be retro-fitted to counter stealth. For example, A-wings are known to carry surveillance equipment, and the Empire already has TIE scouts which could do the job. These are just examples - the final counters have not been decided yet.

And yes, Dathomir will be in the game.

One thing I've been wondering about: what new units does the Rebellion get? The Underworld faction of course gets all new units, and the Empire is getting DarkTroopers, the SSD, TIE Interceptors, the Juggernaut etc. Hopefully the Rebels will be getting some goodies too? (And I'm not counting heroes like Luke and Yoda here, mind you.)

Anarch, i guess you're referring to ground forces since we've seen some new ones in space.

Well, T3B, torpedoe launcher and Hover Troop Transport (as seen in Force Commader) are some to think of.......

And oh, didnt you notice the pirate fighter in ground? Hey, this is stolen from mods :D (yet it will be cool to see, since devs can make these better)!

I think that the Underworld should not buy units in the conventional way that the Empire and Rebellion do. Instead, they should "hire" starship captains with some ambiguity as to what exactly they are getting. For instance, instead of building a corvette or building a gunship, they should "hire a tech level X corvette" for a price that fluctuates randomly over time and get either a corvette or gunship, without knowing exactly which until it arrives. That would add to the atmosphere of the Underworld as seedy and unpredictable--you might get more than your money's worth, but you might get less, instead!

I think that the Underworld should not buy units in the conventional way that the Empire and Rebellion do. Instead, they should "hire" starship captains with some ambiguity as to what exactly they are getting. For instance, instead of building a corvette or building a gunship, they should "hire a tech level X corvette" for a price that fluctuates randomly over time and get either a corvette or gunship, without knowing exactly which until it arrives. That would add to the atmosphere of the Underworld as seedy and unpredictable--you might get more than your money's worth, but you might get less, instead!

I would say, to use your example, a Corvette, Gunship OR Tartan; no reason they should only get Rebel units. But yes, that would be a cool feature.

I can't give EVERYTHING away :) You'll see more as time goes on...
Theres nothing that Jedi Mindtrick can't make you reveal!:ben:

Anyways, FoC does seem to add all kinds of units i haven't even thought of, like the Droiddekas. I hope theres other Clone War relics avaible from the black market, like the tri-droid fighters or something.

*hides before Darth Torpid sends Vader after him for being a jedi*

Theres nothing that Jedi Mindtrick can't make you reveal!:ben:

Anyways, FoC does seem to add all kinds of units i haven't even thought of, like the Droiddekas. I hope theres other Clone War relics avaible from the black market, like the tri-droid fighters or something.

*hides before Darth Torpid sends Vader after him for being a jedi*

Maybe Darth torpid is a Toydarian or a Hutt and he is immume to mindtricks..

I say give him some money or a nebulon t-14 hyperdrive :watto:

Archived