Home

Why Haven't you reviewed me!!!!

Do you know how often I see that?

As I told Darth back when I first started, I spend an average of 30 hours a week writing, and part of that time when I'm on the computer reading for the column. Right now I am spending an average of eight hours a week reviewing and writing it.

So I can get kinda frustrated.

When I started I decided that it wasn't fair to the people who posted before I began if I left them for last, so I started at the bottom of what was then one page.

Look at how many we have now.

Another consideration is everytime a thread is changed, whether it's you writing or someone commenting, it gets bumped to the top of page one.

So if you have not been reviewed yet, I am sorry. Since I cannot be bribed (Well, games, books and chocolate will sway me a little) you will have to wait your turn.

However if you are burning for me to comment, here's what you do.

First, ASK me in a PM. It doesn't take a lot of time and as yet I have not refused to review someone early. I just save the review until their work finally comes up.

When you ask, please say whether you want a 'column' review or a 'full' review. I would love to teach writing, but don't have the credentials to qualify.

A full review is just that. I put on my teaching hat. Unlike the column reviews, I pull no punches. I will tell you if something is wrong with your idea and style.

In both cases, I will send you a copy. If it's a full review I will insert my commentary in parenthesis so you can see what I am talking about.

If you want either kind, remember that our PM mail is small, so few of your stories will fit. So ask me by PM first, then if I say send it on, e-mail it. Hopefully the gottverdamnt system remembers it now.

One thing, don't just say 'why can't you read it on site?'

I don't have the time honestly to track down every thread people want me to read, read them critique them, and also do my own writing and the column. Please save me so time here.

Hopefully they will make this a stixcky so I won't have to...

• 5 weeks later...

Everybody, I went to all the trouble of having this stickied (Thanks stingerhs) so that you would simply e-mail me copies of stuff you want reviewed. If you have not done so yet, or if you posted such an e-mail in the last four months and I have not replied, assume that I am an idiot and send it again. When we changed over our ISP the place where I had stored them all went bye bye. Wild Jedi, I remember you, so that's not a problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It has come to my attention (From someone whose work is already there) that I have not been keeping track of the Jedi Archive. As one of the person that moaned until it got placed, I can only say, mea culpa.

Starting with my next review cycle (11 August) I will review one work from the Jedi Archive in addition to what I already do. So if you're in a deathly great hurry to get reviewed, and you have a finished work, you know where to post it...

• 4 months later...
Don't worry. No one reviews me either' date=' but I deal with it.[/quote']

All right, enough angst.

If you go back to the start of the critiquing column, and taked down every name both of author and story, you will find that I began with the first story posted. Not the most recent, but the first in sequence on what was then two pages.

Well we have a lot more than two pages now. I have reached almost to the top of page three, and have been losing ground every week.

I cannot review everyone who wants to be reviewed in a single week and still have a life of my own. Since I am not being paid for this, allow me that life.

Yeah man. I waited for almost a month after my request to see my review, but I didn't mind. I'll bet that most people waited as much as me, so calm down and be patient.

Oh, right:

and took down every name both of author and story

Fixed. :lol: (A little humor never hurt anyone.)

• 1 year later...
Everybody, I went to all the trouble of having this stickied (Thanks stingerhs) so that you would simply e-mail me copies of stuff you want reviewed. If you have not done so yet, or if you posted such an e-mail in the last four months and I have not replied, assume that I am an idiot and send it again. When we changed over our ISP the place where I had stored them all went bye bye. Wild Jedi, I remember you, so that's not a problem.

So you wrote this over half a year ago, and I'm having trouble remembering what story I asked you to review... well, then again, there was only ever one I put up here, wasn't there? :p

(I'm WJ, by the way... same author, new name ;) and to answer the question that inevitably surfaced in my mind; no, I don't think you're an idiot, I just don't assume everyone in the universe and their dad pays attention to me and my actions, or cares to remember them a hundred percent of the time :p))

(I'm WJ, by the way... same author, new name ;) and to answer the question that inevitably surfaced in my mind; no, I don't think you're an idiot, I just don't assume everyone in the universe and their dad pays attention to me and my actions, or cares to remember them a hundred percent of the time :p))

Darkness Personified: The Story of Tanith Vessa.

As for people paying attention, join the club.

My dad calls it the 18/40/60 rule:

When you're 18, your primary concern is what everyone thinks of you.

When you're 40, you give up worrying what people think of you.

When you're 60, you realize no one was ever thinking of you in the first place! :p

Suppose I've learned the lesson early (turning 22 this year) :)

Archived