Home

Cinematic camera

wedge2211

With the expansion, will we see any improvements to the cinematic camera? Will it do a better job of focusing on the action than in Empire at War?

I'd love to see the camera spend several scenes on battles between two or three ships, instead of randomly changing views at some specified interval. For instance, if an ISD and a Mon Cal are duking it out, I'd love to see the camera focus on the ISD, then cut to the Mon Cal, cut back to the ISD if a hardpoint is about to blow, cut to a bomber squadron making a run on the Mon Cal, show a view of the ISD over the nose of the Mon Cal...do that for a bit before cutting to some other part of the battle. That would give us much more of a sense of cohesive events occurring from the cinematic view.

And if the player interrupts the cinematic camera to give a few orders and they press space again a few seconds later, the camera should pick right up where it left off.

Well, look how the menu of EAW looks. All they have to do is some how put it where you look through that in cinamatic view, or instead of just random flying around, it does really follow a fighter, but ya, that would most likely have to wait. But flying around with just the cockpit view when you're in the cinamatic view would be cool.

watching a space battle from the bridge of an SSD

Now there's an idea. Or from Ackbar's little floaty command chair. All you'd have to do is put an image frame around the screen and pick a camera view looking out over one of the capital ships. That would be an awesome way to feel like you're in the battle, especially if you can see officers scrambling around and stuff.

Well now we're into Star Trek: Bridge Commander territory. I always thought about a game like that in the Star Wars universe, but I thought the pace would be too slow for most people. However, if you had to manage other ships and fighter squadrons, say, from a holo screen, that would be cool.

The really incredible stuff would be to be able to give orders to your units while in cinematic mode. That's what keeps me from using the camera too much; I like to keep my hand on the wheel, so to speak.

I agree with you. It's not great to lose control of the battlefield even if only for an instant. I'm not among those who enjoy sitting around and doing nothing while watching my fleet or ground force get destroyed.

I agree with you. It's not great to lose control of the battlefield even if only for an instant. I'm not among those who enjoy sitting around and doing nothing while watching my fleet or ground force get destroyed.

My sentiments precisely! I usually only go to the cinematic camera when I'm mopping up the last few enemy forces left on the map. The micromanagement required, especially for starfighters, means that you can't really take your eyes off the action in the middle of a battle. A shame, really, because I would love to be able to use it more often.

iea!!! new views!! the idea of the imperial bridge sounds awesome, now imagine one in the DEATH STAR exactly from the Emperor´s Chamber? :D (maybe with a little music change, you know the one that plays background in the luke vs vader duel :p)

or in ackbars chair, or EVEN inside the hangars!!!!!!!! oh damn it!!!!

the cinematics would be AWESOME!!

ARGHHH NEED NERVE PILLS!!!!!*

Yeah, I only use the cinematic camera when I'm sure things won't need attention for a few seconds, and I pop back out on a regular basis. However, I've taken to setting up an AI vs AI skirmish and watching the whole thing from the camera--intervening only to warp in a couple totally unecessary and gratuitous capital ships and throw them at one player to see what happens. It can be fun to watch. :)

A cinematic camera would absolutely ROCK if we also had the ability to save replays of skirmishes, and then watch them from the movie mode...

Archived