Home

Were they[petro] planning this expansion before they came out with EAW?

It seems to me that Petro has been working on this new expansion for quite a while....Probably took parts of EAW that wouldnt work with what they had and put them aside for the expansion...BUT having said that it seems odd that they would make the pirates the main force to be reckoned with in FOC, and at the same time make them so horibally weak for EAW.....Ive played this game to death and i can usally take out a fleet of 8 frigates 16fighters without losing so much as a single x wing or tartan...so how could they be SO completely weak in the regular game and then somehow (a few years later) be so amazingly powerful???????????

(maybe this should be an issue that is adressed in the new patch? or perhaps a patch later down the road?)

I'm pretty sure the pirates in EaW were simply pirates: a loosely organized group that holds a few planets. Tyber's forces, on the other hand, are an organized mercenary army that has a chance of conquering the galaxy. They are very different groups, and not related at all. Besides, in one of the E3 videos (I think it's the one from Gamespot), it shows Tyber vs. the Empire. But in a few shots, there are some Venators fighting Tyber's forces.

Actually, work on FoC didn't start until around November, and that was just pre-planning stages. Real work didn't begin until late January. The pirates are completely separate from Tyber's forces. They do share one ship (the Interceptor) but Tyber's version is much more formiddable.

Actually, work on FoC didn't start until around November, and that was just pre-planning stages. Real work didn't begin until late January. The pirates are completely separate from Tyber's forces. They do share one ship (the Interceptor) but Tyber's version is much more formiddable.

Still seems confusing though. Tyber controls a large number of the pirates...most of his ships are customised and etc. so it would seem likely that a couple of the customised ships some how made there way into the hands of the "lesser" pirates. I think it would be a nifty thing to do (for people who DONT buy the expansion; But I'm definetly not one of those ppl lmao) to before or after expansion release to put out a patch that makes the pirates more formidable.

Archived