Home

SSD too weak?

GhOsT-Jedi

When I was watching the videos, I noticed that the SSD(Exacuter) gets taken down very fast. Is this just for those demos? Or are you doing this to balance it out?

And, a question about the Eclipse. Can other ships attack it? All the videos I've seen it in, just don't seem to want to attack it, is it because they can't? Or just choose not too?

Eclipse might be a "back-round" unit, just like DSII.

As for Executor, it's obviously made with low health so you can watch how spectacularly it's destroyed. But even if the final values seem to you "low", it's a matter of an xml value tweaking.

However, what im worried is about the maneuverability of those SS classes....simple, they jump in the map and cant do nothing, just firing (since they're covering 70% of map).......and if it jumps with all the hardpoints looking on the other side of where the enemy is placed.......

As was said above. IT was already damaged when the pirates entered tactical combat mode. I think I saw all the hardpoints start off at yellow and it's because they want to show the animation sequence of it being destroyed. I'm sure it'll be stronger than it is in the video, if not, there's always XML.

Darth-torpid stated pretty clearly in a post the other day that all the units shown in the videos are tweaked in some way for demonstration purposes. Yoda won't be nearly as overpowered in the final game, and it stands to reason that the SSD will be a lot tougher. It's just that the battle would drag out forever if it wasn't softened up a little first. Imagine the devs commenting on the action on the screen: "Here we see the SSD exploding. Wait for it... wait for it...wait for it... wait for it..." You get the picture.

Everyone is correct - the units were enhanced (or de-enhanced) for the demo, and none of them reflect the true power levels they will have in the final game. Also, the Executor is fully mobile, though it is slow and ponderous. It is slightly slower than an Imperial SD right now, but that is subject to change.

I just hope space maps are noticably larger. These space maps seem so clustered and small that it almost becomes clausterphobic.

I mean, who in the hell has really ever built a scout to actually scout? For what?

If the odds of anyone guessing where the enemy base is were as good as odds in Vegas... we'd be hiring developers to design our mods for us.

Big space makes for serious battles!

It could be weak for it size. After all it sits and does nothing, just intimidates the Rebels by its sheer lengh and numbers. Then of course it can be taken out with one brave A-Wing

I'm sorry, but did you just call the Super Star Destroyer WEAK!? I've only watched movies, but I believe it's not considered weak from what I hear other people talking about it...

It could be weak for it size. After all it sits and does nothing, just intimidates the Rebels by its sheer lengh and numbers. Then of course it can be taken out with one brave A-Wing

Brave? He was out of control and screaming! And he never would have taken out the Executor command and control without the rest of the Rebel fleet concentrating their full firepower on the Executor's shields to bring them down.

Im still thinking about the fact that the Eclipse could wipe out the SSD with one shot.. If so .. Its really unbalanced.

Anyways what do u guys think of the eclipse? Should it be a backround unit or also one that goes into the action?

A idea : Make the eclipse laser beam a One use weapon .. Or make the hardpoint very vulnerable after the shields are down ( the Eclipse Laser hardpoint i mean :) ) Give it as much lasers as the executor.. Although make it Slower and don't give the lasers as much ''firepower'' as the the executor has. That would balance it out and a idea for making the Eclipse a Non-background unit :D

I prefer the idea of the Eclipse being a "background" unit. The new SSD should be allowed to have the spotlight all to itself as the new supersized unit rather than becoming second to the Eclipse. Furthermore, the number of hardpoints on the Eclipse would simply be staggering. Two enormous units is one too many.

Also, if you look at the videos/screenshots it does look like the Eclipse is in fact in the background. It has a smoothness to it, graphics-wise, that doesn't look like any of the foreground ships. Also, I don't recall seeing it "lighting up" like other units do when the mouse cursor passes over it. And third, when its superlaser fires it looks as though the beam angles upwards, like it would if the Eclipse was in the background (below) the action, firing up.

Archived