Home

Where have the good online players gone?

TegSkywalker

The other night, I reinstalled Jedi Outcast to play against my friend in a duel map because I had not played the game in around a year or so. Seeing that the MSN Zone had discontinued support for the Jedi Knight series since Februrary, we had to hop onto GameSpy Arcade and find someone to play. The player count was very limited and I wasn't prepared for what happend next...

Cheaters are everywhere. Why is it I cannot go into a game without someone having cheats on or using a similar method? Not only that, but you get onto a server and its a duel map with forch push friendly players. I'm talking about the type that force push you over a ledge within seconds of spawning. After about 10 minutes, I said goodbye to Outcast again and loaded up Counter-Strike: Source.

Maybe things are better in Jedi Academy. Who knows. :(

The other night, I reinstalled Jedi Outcast to play against my friend in a duel map because I had not played the game in around a year or so. Seeing that the MSN Zone had discontinued support for the Jedi Knight series since Februrary, we had to hop onto GameSpy Arcade and find someone to play. The player count was very limited and I wasn't prepared for what happend next...

Cheaters are everywhere. Why is it I cannot go into a game without someone having cheats on or using a similar method? Not only that, but you get onto a server and its a duel map with forch push friendly players. I'm talking about the type that force push you over a ledge within seconds of spawning. After about 10 minutes, I said goodbye to Outcast again and loaded up Counter-Strike: Source.

Maybe things are better in Jedi Academy. Who knows. :(

Why is it that you automaticaly think people are cheating when you lose? You haven't played it in a while so of course you're going to get owned.

I play JK all the time and I don't cheat. I also know that most players don't cheat and most of them are out to have a good time.

Silly me huh?

No, its not that I THINK they are cheating, but the server did say that cheats were on in the menu. This was the case for the few servers that I did jump on that night as I jumped around on GameSpy Arcade. I do admit that it has been a while since I played but I can tell the difference between the server having cheats on and it being a fair match.

I applaud the Jedi Outcast gamers that do not cheat. I never had the urge to cheat in any multiplayer game and I am glad we share that mentality.

Archived