Home

The 'Corrupt' side are sly but shouldn't the Rebels benefit from these 'tactics'?

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Whilst ordering my broadband (again) I taking a look around the other fan sites and forums, I looked again at the abilities of Tyber Zanns lot. Not only did it remind me a little of C&C Generals but also, that this was something heavily featured in Star Wars: Rebellion.

Although there hasn't been a word mentioned if either of the current factions can use some of these new abilites (sabotage for example) but if they can't, it might be a little disappointing if you are a fan of the Rebel Alliance.

With their 'Raid' tactic, they are the so called masters of Sabotage and considering that this was a key tactic to take out the Death Star shield - I feel that the Rebels should also have some of these abilites added to their current skill set.

Would it make the game unbalanced? Probably, but with no actual counter for the SSD announced (yet?) the Rebels need something with a little more 'bite'

DMUK

Seconded...I too wish the Rebels could launch more hit-and-run, devious strikes. After all, they are a rebellion, and draw a lot of assets from the criminal underworld. The press release for FoC mentions that at some point, the underworld will "find it advantageous" to ally itself with the Rebels, which fits with that theme...but the Rebels ought to have some ability to bribe/steal/sabotage, and they definitely should have a low penalty for retreating.

The sabotage thing could also be given to the rebels .. i think

On the other hand, In the normal ''EaW'' the rebels can take out the empire real fast by rush attacks.

B-wings are the counter to the SSD.. Such as Y-wings are to Isd's

If a ssd is Severly damaged it will not make a hasty retreat , Because its too big too escape all the fighters..

So no , i don't think the rebels need a new Cap Ship ( i thought that was what u were looking for , a New cap ship ..) Maybe the newer version of the Mon cal Cruiser * The Md or MC - 90?

But not something like half of the ssd

Guest DarthMaulUK

I think it will be interesting to see how Tartans deal with B-Wings. Currently they tear all Rebel fighters to pieces in seconds.

DMUK

I, too, think that the Rebels should have more "sneaky" options, possibly linked to the Infiltrator unit. A single Infiltrator could be sent out on a sabotage mission the same way you use Bounty Hunters and Smugglers, to take out (or TRY and take out) a single ground installation.

I also read somewhere that the Underworld faction would have the ability to retreat from battle without the 10-second countdown. This, I feel, is an ability that should have been given to the Rebels in the first place. If not with ground troops and capital ships, they should be able to do that with any force consisting solely of starfighters. Hit-and-run tactics using starfighters is, after all, a staple Rebel tactic.

I disagree with the retreat at 0 sec. timer.

I always thought one of the coolest parts about the Space battles in Galactic Conquest were entering into battle mode... Fighting with everything you have with the intension to win... battling your to your wits ends... taking severe losses and then sadly choosing the retreat icon and watching them shoot away to light speed. I loved that part.

I hated the fact that you stop moving sometimes, or even stop shooting for such a long period. The stop shooting grace period should be maybe 3 seconds before jumping.

But, yeah, these pirates and this Trevor Goodchild--- Tiberian Kahn--- or whatever the hell his name is--- sounds kind of cheap.

Archived