Home

[FIC]Amongst the Ruins

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right Ztalker. I can't give up yet. I'm going to try to finish this, but it'll be the last fic in the series, so to speak. I had originally planned a complex story line that went though all the BF2 missions. Man, I put so much foreshadowing into this fic, where you wouldn't know it until you read over it.

Well, I'm gonna try to pack as much story into the end of this as possible. Hopefully I'll finish it before I retire. :p

• 3 weeks later...

Hey sorry I'm comming in late here but i love the fanfic so far (haven't finished reading what you wrote so far) and I read somewhere you were looking for Trando wep names. I thaught it would be helpful for you to know that trando weps are mostly baught. They do not have many specifics. Hope this still can help!

EDIT: Wow I forgot to say alot.

1. I now read it all. I like all you have done with it and encourage you to keep going. This will turn out good.

2. Like I said before the edit, trando Mercs mostly buy and Modify there guns. They are not an army like the clones. Instead the are like the Hessians from the Revolutionary War. Basically, they were payed to fight for someone else. Basically what I am saying is it would not be uncommon to see a trando with a stolen and Modified DC-15 blaster rifle. Thinking about it more now, it would actually be not to surprising to see a trando with some stolen wookie tech.

3. This is more of a question. Why did you decide to give this group a couple of ordinary troop weps?

P.S. I'm writing my own fanfic (not on the net yet) about a mandlorian with jedi powers during the New Republic era. Think it will work out?

Thanks for the messages and the info. In regard to the question, these soldiers aren't meant to be commandos, but ordinary troops who organized themselves into squads and take on operations that commando squads might be faced with. When I first started, I planned on having multiple fanfics, following the missions from SW:BFII. I was going to have them be upgraded each mission as they gained respect for their work. Eventually, the few who were still alive would be ultimate commandos of the Empire. Since this was the plan I had to start out with lower spec equipment; faulty wiring, ordinary DC-15s, etc. Now, I don't think that I'm going to go past this mission, but I might still try to throw in that theme. Maybe at the end, if I can get there, I'll give them an upgrade or something. :)

• 1 month later...

So, I'm well into the soccer season now, and as busy as ever. Still, there might be hope. With all the homework and soccer, I don't have enough time to play video games. But, I might have a few minutes every night, if I'm lucky. This might give me a chance to write a bit every week and hopefully pull out another chapter or two.

As for now, I'm reading though to refresh my mind. I'm just realizing how bad of a writer I was back then, lol. I guess I started this a looong time ago though. Hopefully, if I can get a chapter out, you'll see an improvement.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry everybody, I can't finish this. Nowhere near enough time.

I want to thank everybody that read this for helping Amongst the Ruins to become a surprisingly successful Fanfic. Please don't lock this though. I want it to be left open on the off chance that I have some sort of strange writing revival.

Thanks to all.

• 1 month later...

Archived