Home

This could be the counter for The Executor Super Star Destroyer???

It may be evident that the Rebels will also have access to a Larger MC cruiser or revamped Home One.

This so called (maybe) counter is shown on image 6 of the 10 images at gamespot (web address below) shown on the far left of the image.

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer/frame_lead.php?pid=932730&img=6&sid=undefined

It is still a fair bit smaller than a SSD, but who knows it could match the fire power and be the perfect counter. It is definetly far bigger than a normal Imperial Star Destroyer and the Home one in the original EAW

It is Home One. We scaled it up slightly for effect - we may leave it there since it looks cool bigger :) We haven't shown many of the Rebel units yet, but they DO have a counter.

isnt just a bunch of bwings a good counter. lets not overpower a side for the sake of over powering them.

I am bereft of details on Rebel abilities in the expansion, but I fail to see why the trademark hordes of Y-Wings, X-Wings, A-Wings, maybe B-Wings, and a few capital ships could not take on *any* enemy mammoth ship... its all in the pop. cap.

If after all I field 4 Imperial Star Destroyers in the normal EAW, I have little left for any other ships. If the enemy has an Ion Cannon, a single shot takes out 1/4 of my total firepower. It can balance.

I also don`t see the Rebels fielding anything larger than a Mon Calamari Cruiser... its not their style. No movement advantage.

I am bereft of details on Rebel abilities in the expansion, but I fail to see why the trademark hordes of Y-Wings, X-Wings, A-Wings, maybe B-Wings, and a few capital ships could not take on *any* enemy mammoth ship... its all in the pop. cap.

Just so long as the Empire didn't bring any corvettes along for support.

Yeah you can tell that it is scaled up because there are 5 damaged points along the side facing us. The normal home one would of have only four damged points on the side. But anything slightly more advanced for the rebellion, i wouldn't put the "Mon Remoida" out of the picture. It's like a stanrard Mon Cal cruiser but much more sleeker and would probably fit in with the time of the Eclipse too.

I like the Home One's new size, but can you please weaken it? The Home One was big, but weaker in firepower than even a regular Mon Cal. Its only real advantage was size and twice as much fighter carrying space.

What kind of hero would it be then? It's like saying Han Solo should have less hitpoints and less firepower then a single stormtrooper because he doesn't wear body armor and only has a pistol for weapon.

Gameplay>Realism

Realism only enhances the gameplay. Each unit has its own unique speciatly and does not directly counter another. And each faction should be good at what it has to do constantly.

But that's not exactly the point now is it? You're the one wanting more realism even if it contradicts a basic element of gameplay: Heroes are stronger then regular units.

Asking for realism everywhere is impossible and you know that. Even a game like Rainbow Six is not 100% accurate due to some technical restraints but also gameplay ones. Full realism is not fun to play.

Thats why I like the "allow heroes" feature in skirmish. If heroes give you the s%*ts then turn them off. It might give some semblence or at least the illusion of realism. I like realism alot but the Star Wars concept itself is based on its heroes. It would be nothing without them. Having said that, most of my skirmish games are with heroes off. Get things as realistic as possible, (and as close to canon as possible), but heroes will and should always be an exception. Its like having a very experienced unit; they are damn hard to kill and alot more resourceful.

If you crave realism, go join the military. I want an entertaining game, not a physics paper on the theoretical power output of a fictional turbolaser or something similar. As is the case with all things fictitious, be it movies, novels or computer games, realism must be sacrificed on the altar of storytelling. That's how it is. It's why it's called "fiction".

It may just be me but the SSD and the Eclipse should not be balanced at all!!

You'll get better Gameplay from having to use a number of Tactics than having one ship that can take it out.

Oh look they have the SSD...Build a MC10000 (No such Ship btw) to kill it.

My point is that its so stupid.

The SSD and other ships are meant to be Weapon Bristling ships. They aren't meant to have a direct opponent.

No, but for obvious reasons they're going to have to have SOMETHING to fight it with. Otherwise the game will end as soon as the Empire builds it. Even if the pop cap is really high so you can't take too many other ships with it it would be overpowering. The SSD could simply concentrate its fire on one ship and a time and wipe them out one by one while the Rebels were still trying to bring down its shields.

Archived