Home

Map Editor Tips, hints, questions here

Guest DarthMaulUK

Someone plz plz tell me why that when i make units in the editor they are not there when i play the map in star wars Forces of Corruption!!! :(:(:confused::confused:

When i place markers the units are not there but terrain, buildings and the spawn units are and the base is but no units i placed. :(

When i dont place markers and i try to play, the game says "you need to have units on both teams" or something like that. :(:(

PLZ PLZ HELP ME!!! I WILL BE SO HAPPY IF U HELP!!! :(:(:(:confused::confused::confused:

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having trouble with the Best of PC version of EaW. When I try to install the editor, I get this message:

"Original installation of Star Wars: Empire at War not found. You must have the original game installed to use these tools."

Is there a way to get around this?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can not see/use any of the mod maps on EAW or FOC, when i click on costom maps no maps are there. Also my map colection includes maps that i have "earned"(maps that i have obtained from playing other people), maps that i have dowloaded from lucasfiles.com, maps that i have made, and maps that i 'stole' from my friend(i copied the maps from his computer), but to my dismay not one of them will show up in the costom maps area.

Also my operating system is Vista(64-bit) and i have 8Gb. of memory(RAM) and a 750Gb. hard drive ( and i have set my computer to run with a max of 3Gb. of RAM, but that did not work either).

Thank you in advance for any help.

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...
i did everything i needed to do: put the spawn points and everything. but one thing is wrong- MY MAP WON'T SHOW UP ON THE CUSTOM MAPS! why is that???

All you have to do is create a new custommaps folder in your FoC data folder then move your already created maps into that folder they should work after that.

• 3 weeks later...
All you have to do is create a new custommaps folder in your FoC data folder then move your already created maps into that folder they should work after that.

where do i need to create the custom map:confused:?

i made a map but can't find it in the game:(

Hi I found out today that you can make custom names for your ships. simply go to your SWEAW directory and look for the file named "data". inside that folder will be files with class names like "star_destroyer". open those text or .txt files and replace or add on names of your own. it will not damage anything. but it is always wise to make a copy of the file just in case. ive done it myself. just thought somebody might like this little tip. and i hope someone does.

• 6 months later...

I've been making pretty cool skirmish maps in the past but I bet you people know something I don't.

1. How do you add base barricades (defense walls or what ever you call them) for a specific team?

2. How do you enable the disabled functions on the tool bar? Because making waterfalls would be impossible.

3. How do you make the loading screen change depending on what planet the map is based on, instead of keeping that old boring Alderaan screen?

Archived