Home

Map Editor Tips, hints, questions here

Guest DarthMaulUK

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know how to make the Pirates in my Multiplayer Map... more active? The Pirate Base will attack anything that comes near it, but the Pirate Frigate I placed just sit there and attack anything that comes near it. Is it possible to add a Pirate AI to MP games?

to keep them from exploding, go to the objects tab, select the building, find where it says, "starting object." change "none" to a blank.

single player maps are for compain, multiplayer maps are for skirmage

the skydome was too small for my map, so i removed it

other bugs i found is, the ai cant hurt me (and dont buy any units). for some odd resone, im getting money realy quick with out claiming any mining plants. the reinforcement pionts are all rebel, when it shouldnt. on the editor, i cant see the imp base, so i cant delete the multible buldings i been placing (i can see them in game.) and theres some areas on the map units should be able to go, but cant.

Can anyone post a step by step process for building a multiplayer space battle? My main problem right now is getting the space stations to produce units and do upgrades. Does anyone know how to do that?

i am not 100% sure on this, but are you using the Skirmish Starbases? (eg. SKIRMISH_EMPIRE_STAR_BASE_1). the other stations in the same list are for GC type game play where one side attacks the other. I've made a map that works with 5 stations on it (1 pirate, 2 reb, and 2 impy) that upgrade seperatly (same upgrade on stations cannot run concurently however =/) i just need to know how to change the jump in angle >.>

Now look here.My problem is that when i do a space map ,you know , i start with the new space , then i place the markers and then i start doing my crap.And when i want to load it , it never works, and every time when i place a downloaded map in my CustomMaps folder , and then i wnat to load it ,it doesn't works.THE SAME STORY WITH THE LAND MAPS.PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[sFV]Android

Change the Z angel on PLAYER_X_POSITION_MARKER to have a different jump in angel.

jadendecar

Go to height toolbar and change the Brush style to Passability Code Brush and have the terrain passability to clear, then just draw over the red markets, then it should work.

mattrock616

Can you be more specific on how you are doing a map??

Please help me.You see ,i've done everything to do a space map, and it didn't loaded.Please help me,and yes i've done almost everything to make it work.Actually ,when i enter in skirmish mode,the custom maps thing is not functional.Please help me.

Ensure that you have installed the patch 1.04 and the custom map folder is in the right directory (\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\Data\CustomMaps) and that you have placed your maps there to.

If this not help you, try a clean install of the game, with out any mods in your game folder.

mattrock616, please do not triple post, or repeat your question many times. If someone feels like helping you out, they will. If you're going to be a butt about it, you're probably not going to get much help. I also suggest reading the forum guidleines.

I'm noticing that sometimes units will not respond to any commands after I jump them in. It's happened to both me and my friend while we were playing my the space map I created.

Since I do not like the single player space maps used in the campaign mode I am going to re-design them...

so...I would like larger space maps with less asteroids/nebulas/debris and a lot of free space for big battles. Is there a way to change the size of existing maps whithout creating new ones?? And will they work for the single player campaign mode or not??

Archived