Home

Map Editor Tips, hints, questions here

Guest DarthMaulUK

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiya

i asked this question a bit earlier but havent got a reply yet.

the map editor doesnt seem to start, ive reinstalled, redownloaded and repaired but it doesnt seem to start. i have it installed in the same folder as the game.

also after i downloaded the patch (more than once) when i try to apply the update and it starts copying files i get an error message telling me 'Directory is invalid! the target files could not be created'

i have no clue how i should go about fixing this, ive reinstalled the game, redownloaded the update and down everything i can think of but cant get it to work

any help you can give me would be great

cheers,

Guest DarthMaulUK
Hiya

i asked this question a bit earlier but havent got a reply yet.

the map editor doesnt seem to start, ive reinstalled, redownloaded and repaired but it doesnt seem to start. i have it installed in the same folder as the game.

also after i downloaded the patch (more than once) when i try to apply the update and it starts copying files i get an error message telling me 'Directory is invalid! the target files could not be created'

i have no clue how i should go about fixing this, ive reinstalled the game, redownloaded the update and down everything i can think of but cant get it to work

any help you can give me would be great

cheers,

I suggest that firstly you uninstall EaW. If you want to keep your saved games, put them in a folder on your desktop. Install EaW as normal then install the patch then map editor. When installing the editor, it will come up with its own path to install to - select it. Once installed, select the map editor from START > PROGRAM FILES > Lucasarts > Empire at War > Petroglyph Map Editor.

I strongly suggest that you have nothing else running in the background whilst using the editor and re-installing the game ( Like anti virus, virtual drives etc)

If you are still having problems, post in the tech centre forum where it can be seen better

DMUK

okay, so I basicly registed because this thread was so helpful and I cant find help anywhere else...So my first question is: Does the black hole do anything or is it just there?

Secondly, and more inportantly, I like big space battles, therefore I maxed out the size of the map, only to find the "spacedome" is only designed to cover a small 10000x10000 map, not a maxed out 100000^2 map. Is there any way to fix this? I played around with the ground maping and noticed there was a space-texture which was just flat and covered everything. In short, is there any way to get my spacedome to cover my entire map?

oh, well I've got a whole folder of modded XMLs(since I'm playing a modded version of the game) so that shouldnt be a problem.

New question, I saw this asked by somebody else, but the answer for it dosent seem to fix the problem...anyway, I've got this massive map, and I test it every 10 miniutes or so, but every time I got this "invisible wall" that seems to go arouns in my map, and apparently it's not just one, it seems there are a number of them, all over the map that are keeping me from going, well, pretty much anywhere. What causes this? Whats the remedy?

oh, well I've got a whole folder of modded XMLs(since I'm playing a modded version of the game) so that shouldnt be a problem.

New question, I saw this asked by somebody else, but the answer for it dosent seem to fix the problem...anyway, I've got this massive map, and I test it every 10 miniutes or so, but every time I got this "invisible wall" that seems to go arouns in my map, and apparently it's not just one, it seems there are a number of them, all over the map that are keeping me from going, well, pretty much anywhere. What causes this? Whats the remedy?

If this a land map, it sounds like the passability got randomized somehow. Go to the height tab of the editor and select passability from the drop-down. If you have a whole bunch of red blotches all over the map, that's your problem - just use the "clear" passability and clean them out, or pick the "reset passability" from the menu.

If it's a space map, I'm not sure what the problem is, since there isn't really any passability in space other than the objects themselves.

I built a map with 3 factions, Imps, Rebs, and Pirates. It seems to work fine however, where my structures are placed, the map is cut off. I went to map properties and changed the playable map area to maximum but I am still not able to see or click on any of my structures, the same goes for the pirates and imps. What can I do to fix this?

I've been working on trying to create a larger space map. I have the width and hight set to 25000 with all the playable map area set to 400. The problem is i have all my markers set in front of the startbase and the units jump in fine but they won't go up. A example of this is i have some resource nodes in the corners inside both the purple and yellow border but my fighters will not go up to them. Is there some other setting that affects the area which units can occupy?

Many thanks for any help!

Archived