Home

Haha Sony, what are you doing?

Alegis

It's no secret what happened at E3 and the crowd's reaction to the PS3, both there (ignoring the booth->wii) and the web.

This is about the company Sony. Not PS3 vs Xbox360/Wii

It apparantly wasn't enough, if we can believe this incident where they apparantly wanted to show off blu-ray, but disk ejection revealed a DVD-R.

http://gearlog.com/blogs/gearlog/archive/2006/05/16/11622.aspx

Gran Turismo on a PC instead of PS3?

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=31681

Reminds me of a Dilbert episode where they follow Dogbert's management book.

Last chapter : screwing it up.

The laptop that you see Lance using is a CAKE. It's a mockup of a Vaio laptop to commemorate the tenth year of the line.

If Lance really opened the disc tray therefore stopping the only alleged Bluray playing device in the entire party how come no Sony Reps didn't notice him doing this? Why didn't the Sony Ninjas come down through the ceiling tiles and slice Lance's jugular and take away the DVD+R imposter all before anyone could notice?

why do people care soo much to take down sony at every moment they get? why not do that to nintendo or microsoft? nintendo screws up, no big deal for everyone. sony screws up, you guys are at arms. wtf?

haha found out that the one the found the dvd one in was probably real. they had one playing the blu-ray disc and the other playing the dvd for a comparison. http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2939

why do people care soo much to take down sony at every moment they get? why not do that to nintendo or microsoft? nintendo screws up, no big deal for everyone. sony screws up, you guys are at arms. wtf?

haha found out that the one the found the dvd one in was probably real. they had one playing the blu-ray disc and the other playing the dvd for a comparison. http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2939

I know I'll be bashed to say this but it's cuz they know Sony is better :)

Ironically, if I said anything about this I'd be labelled a fanboy and told to piss off.

About the Nintendo screws up, no one cares... what are you kidding me? Nintendo screws up and everyone is down their throats, you don't believe me? Walk into a room full of gamers and say that you are a Nintendo supporter and get ready to have every one of them give you s*** for it and tell you how much Nintendo sucks.

Whatever Sony bashing that's going on now is NOTHING compared to what Nintendo gets.

Man, Nintendo and XBox fanbois are having a field day.

Because, as we all know, no other company has EVER done anything like this before. Nope, never, not once.

:disaprove

Well, no body is perfect. The fan boys are finally happy to see the all powerful Sony finally trip over their own feet for once. And I've seen my own share of Xbox bashings, too.

Also, you know the PS3 will weigh 11lbs? While the massive Xbox weighed 9?

See? Stuff like that.

Sony had every oppourtunity to avoid all of the mistakes that they're making. Instead, arrogance has been the name of the game, with Sony relying on fans of Final Fantasy and all famous exclusive franchies to invest in their hardware.

Sony had every oppourtunity to avoid all of the mistakes that they're making. Instead, arrogance has been the name of the game, with Sony relying on fans of Final Fantasy and all famous exclusive franchies to invest in their hardware.

I've said it before, Sony is making all the mistakes Nintendo has made in the past.

Also, you know the PS3 will weigh 11lbs? While the massive Xbox weighed 9?

See? Stuff like that.

whose complaining? its an all-in-one package. plays video games, movies, hd movies, you can build muscle by carrying it around.

i don't care if they screw up. or xbox or nintendo. i just care about what its going to turn out likee. the games, the graphics, the sound, the performance,etc. they're still finding flaws in the ps3 and Wii. the 360 is doing good since it came out already and they fixed all there problems.

Yeps the Blu thingy is fake, was too good to be true. Still, the rest is.

why not do that to nintendo or microsoft? nintendo screws up, no big deal for everyone. sony screws up, you guys are at arms. wtf?

I can't remember bashing like this before, but there's a different kind of screwing up. The screwing the customer type. If Microsoft were doing stuff like this, say show a "CG" vista demo, it would surely be posted. They ain't. Sony is.

Sounds like Sony got a little too far out on the "bleeding edge" to me. Sony has tried to incorporate all the latest technology while still getting their PS3 out to compete with Microsoft and Nintendo. Unfortunately for Sony the balancing act between the two objectives seems to be tilting badly. :D

Yeps the Blu thingy is fake, was too good to be true. Still, the rest is.

I can't remember bashing like this before, but there's a different kind of screwing up. The screwing the customer type. If Microsoft were doing stuff like this, say show a "CG" vista demo, it would surely be posted. They ain't. Sony is.

im not talking about Vista or microsofts OS's. im talking about they're consoles. microsoft gots a bad reputation with its OS's.

Well, much to my surprise, i should probably jump to sony's defence a bit here.

To be fair a lot of next gen games run on dev kits at shows like e3... so its no big surprise to find that Gt may have been running on a PC. Remember a while back when there was a big fuss because a lot of 360 games were running on macs at some other game show?

To show i'm not a total nintendo fanboy, here you go: http://wiinintendo.net/?p=176

Seems all the Wii games were running on gamecube boxes... though no one is 100% if they were real gamecubes, or they were gamecube cases with Wii devkits in.

The Wii uses an extension of the GCN architecture so either is pretty possible. And ATi haven't finalised the Wii graphics hardware yet.

I wouldn't be surprised, or shocked, or upset if all te PS3 games were running on dev kits.

The blueray thing is funny though... because if, as sony now claims, the two were running side by side for visual comparisson sake then blueray obviously DOESN'T look noticeably better than DVD.. at least on a laptop.

And even if they were both DVDs then if no one noticed the quality wasn't any better then the difference can't be that big either.

I can just imagine that there was a big crowd around it going "oh wow! that looks so much better than DVD" and now they feel a bit silly.

While i don't think these two incidents are hugely bad on sony's part.. i do think they are messing up the PS3 launch completely (and mainly down to their insistance on including Blueray and DRM because their games arm and movie arm aren't working well together) and unless there is a big price drop i actually think the 360 might win this round.

They are Wii devkits, the kits used at E3 weren't pure GameCubes, the hardware within is more powerful than a GCN but in the end it's not that much more. However at the same time Nintendo has never played up the power of Wii and has said it's only 2-3 times more powerful.

But yeah, at the same time the PS3 games would've certainly be running on devkits rather than final or near final hardware since the hardware hasn't even been released yet.

Oh and the one thing I loved about the GTHD presentation was the rally track with no dust lol :D That was great.

Archived