Home

Things that need to be fixed for this game your ideas

Naphtali

The first thing that needs to be fixed is the overall AI, the computer only attacked when it had an overweliming force, not using logic as to what planet had the weakest defense or had the greatest strategic advantage economically, militarily, disrupting trade routes, as well as the unique planet advantages.

Also in land battle more options per unit like the troopers, I dont know how many times a pod walker trample my entire unit, so more options like spread formation along with take cover would nice.

Heroes

Also the emperor I know they dont want to over power the emperor but his lighting should also take some power from the vehicles as well as other heroes instead of just canceling it altogether. Vader and the emperor along with luke, kenobi and yoda should have a universal force push for vehicles.

All the force heroes should have an ability that can affect another hero as well. Like The emperors lighting should do damage, give Vadar his force choke, or dark rage where he inflicts more damage and becomes faster for ex.

Space battles, I feel their should be a few more formations, maybe you want frigates and anti bomber craft in front protecting your larger ships , or you want the fighters and frigates protecting your bombers as you proceed to the spacestation.

Also here again more more special abilities are needed in my opinion, if i have an IMP SD it should have more than just increased hit points, it should have beam weaponry, as a special weapon or missle barage for a few seconds of photon torpedos, or concussion missles instead of just plain more hit points.

Overall increasing special abilities wont make the game unbalanced if done correctly with good counter points.

I would love to get your thoughts

Its been a long time since ive been here, hope to hear from you

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'd like to see Imperial Star Destroyers have 2 shield hardpoints, there's two of those "ball" shield generators on top of the bridge anyway. as it stands it's too easy to take down their shields, a few y-wing squadrons can do it in one flyby. especially compared to mon cals that can recharge from nothing to full in anything but the fiercest attacks. you have to micromanage bombers like a madman to de-claw them

also it'd be nice if the empire had any rocket using unit on land, at least force rebels to buy stutter shields

Better AI would be nice, although when I play I notice that it does indeed target the least defended planet. It doesn't seem to care much about strategic importance, which is a shame.

Yes, it is annoying when your infantry gets squashed by vehicles, but those are the breaks. You just have to micromanage a little more.

Vader has an anti-vehicle power. I don't know about the Emperor's Force Lightning, but at Obi-Wan does excellent damage with his lightsaber against vehicles anyway. I don't think they need any specific anti-vehicle power; what's the fun in having all the heroes be carbon copies of each other?

From the looks of it the Empire will get rocket troops in the Forces of Corruption expansion. DarkTroopers (the level 2 or 3 version) seemed to be firing rockets from shoulder-mounted pods.

Better AI would be nice, although when I play I notice that it does indeed target the least defended planet. It doesn't seem to care much about strategic importance, which is a shame.

Yes, it is annoying when your infantry gets squashed by vehicles, but those are the breaks. You just have to micromanage a little more.

Vader has an anti-vehicle power. I don't know about the Emperor's Force Lightning, but at Obi-Wan does excellent damage with his lightsaber against vehicles anyway. I don't think they need any specific anti-vehicle power; what's the fun in having all the heroes be carbon copies of each other?

From the looks of it the Empire will get rocket troops in the Forces of Corruption expansion. DarkTroopers (the level 2 or 3 version) seemed to be firing rockets from shoulder-mounted pods.

All i would asked is that lightning damages vehicles as well as heroes.

I understand the balance aspect when it comes to infantry, but diversification of formation would be nice when theres action elsewhere and i cant micromanage.

Lastly

All i would asked is that lightning damages vehicles as well as heroes.

I understand the balance aspect when it comes to infantry, but diversification of formation would be nice when theres action elsewhere and i cant micromanage.

I know this sounds odd perhaps but I would like to see a few things.

One customability of ships and units.

Ships: I think that realistically they could allow us to either upgrade ship componants ie MKI turbo lasers-> MkII turbo lasers or what ever star wars names they have for them.

Units: color schemes, like the specific markings we see on the clones in ep III. I know that stormtroopers were all white but, then again if you like the all white look, keep it, by all means. Also they might allow us to choice weapons for units either generally like all stormtroopers use this particular weapon or a selected battalion would carry a particular weapon and these could range from light rapid fire stuf to slower more powerful stuff thus changingthe role of specific battalions.

two, would be that if one could not be done, could they add varation of troops. Perhaps these troops could be hero specific. IE when Vader is on a planet instead of stormtroopers being produced at the barracks it instead produces elite 501st Stormtroopers, which could either have improved stats or some cool new ability like for example the 501st could have a "storm" ability where they rush a target running and rapid fire. Just an example.

More cinamatic fight senes. The Vader-Obiwon fight is excellent. Why stop at them. Luke-Palpatine, Obiwon-Palpatine, Vader-Yoda. Han-Vader, Han can dodge and shot Vader deflects and swings. Bobo Fett-Obiwon rematch(since he is Jango's clone).

then we would be turning it into another Galactic Civilizations =/

i think having modding capabilities for our own ships is to complicated for this kind of game... but if there really is a want for customizations... let it be only for heros perhaps.

i'd like to see Imperial Star Destroyers have 2 shield hardpoints, there's two of those "ball" shield generators on top of the bridge anyway. as it stands it's too easy to take down their shields, a few y-wing squadrons can do it in one flyby. especially compared to mon cals that can recharge from nothing to full in anything but the fiercest attacks. you have to micromanage bombers like a madman to de-claw them

also it'd be nice if the empire had any rocket using unit on land, at least force rebels to buy stutter shields

Just think i should point out that the Domes on top of the Stardestroyer aren't the shield generators, they are Sensor Domes. The shield generator(s) may be in a similar location, but the Domes aren't it. This misconception was fixed in the most recent Technical books.

Oh boy, here we go again.... Why don't we just compromise and say they have both shield generators and sensors equipment in those domes? That way both sides will be happy. Hell, I'm perfectly willing to go as far as saying that those are only the shield generators for the bridge tower, not the entire ship.

Oh boy, here we go again.... Why don't we just compromise and say they have both shield generators and sensors equipment in those domes? That way both sides will be happy. Hell, I'm perfectly willing to go as far as saying that those are only the shield generators for the bridge tower, not the entire ship.

I didn't say there weren't in the tower, just that the domes aren't them.

Its perfectly acceptable to me that the shield generators are located in the tower somewhere, it is a pretty large space after all. Plus its pretty damned stupid to have you shield projectors OUTSIDE the ship they are protected its just screaming "target me" Having them protected by the hull as well as their own shield makes way more sense.

But those domes are Sensor Domes, its how they were designated in the original designs and in the latest tech books.

Don't these same tech books also say that one shot from an Acclamator Cruiser's turbolasers is rated at 200 gigatons? Do they have any idea just how much energy that really is? Just to put things into perspective, the largest atomic bomb ever detonated (the Russian Tsar Bomba)was "merely" 50 megatons.

Maybe it's just me, but those "my techbook can pee farther than your techbook"-debates seem rather pointless. Petroglyph will make the best game they know how, and if they have to ignore someting in a techbook in order to maintain gameplay that's what they'll do. And rightly so, I might add.

Don't these same tech books also say that one shot from an Acclamator Cruiser's turbolasers is rated at 200 gigatons? Do they have any idea just how much energy that really is? Just to put things into perspective, the largest atomic bomb ever detonated (the Russian Tsar Bomba)was "merely" 50 megatons.

I don't quite understand how that discredits what im saying

Anyway the book is written by a physicist, i think he realises how much energy that is.

I don't think you realise the power levels that have been demonstrated in the movies, which is where they derive their figures from. A stardestroyer VAPOURISED an asteroid. That requires in excess of 200 gigatons. Unless you can somehow prove otherwise, which people have tried to do for years, and failed those figures stand.

Maybe it's just me, but those "my techbook can pee farther than your techbook"-debates seem rather pointless. Petroglyph will make the best game they know how, and if they have to ignore someting in a techbook in order to maintain gameplay that's what they'll do. And rightly so, I might add.

I never said they shouldn't. The game doesn't specify where the Shield generator is beyond being in that tower. I was just correcting a common misconception on the part of Thon 77. :)

I don't know if this has already been said, but something that REALLY REALLY needs to be fixed:

When landing your troops upon invasion, your opponent can send in a raid and pretty much kill all your troops while they are landing... but the troops just stand there and WON'T FIGHT BACK, until they're all landed.

That's HORSESH*T! How many multiplayer games have you been ganked because of this?

MAKE THE UNITS FIRE IF UNDER THREAT IMMEDIATELY UPON LANDING... IF THEY CAN BE KILLED, THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO RETALIATE.

This, to me, has broken so many potentially great matches that it really needs to be touched upon. I thought the new patch would handle this, but no... troops are still fodder.

The AI DEFINITELY needs to be fixed. It has the 'mass & rush' mentality which really makes it boring.

The graphics need to have an overhaul. Fans could make better models than those we have in this game at the moment.

The maps need to be MUCH bigger than they currently. I read that they will increase by like 40%, whoopty-doo. They need to increase by like 200% or more, especially considering the size of the ships (especially with the Executor and Eclipse coming in, a 40% increase won't make a big difference with those ships).

Totally agree Future Guy...

Those Space Maps are INSANELY clausterphobic. Scouts? Who needs that crap?

"Gee... I wonder where my opponent is?"

(clicks in middle of the map... 1 second later)

"Well golly gee, he's right friggin here in front of me! Same as the last battle... and the one before that... and... oh look, he's trying to run away and hide his three Corvettes...

(1 second later)

"Oops... looks like he's already on the edge of the map... hey, so am I... oh man, can't... turn... both Star Destroyers... oh.... wait... ah f**k it..."

(Auto-Resolve)

YOU HAVE BEEN DEFEATED!

"WHAT THE FU@!*@$! ARggghg!"

[ sound familiar? ]

Archived