Home

ports for ps2 pc-room host

AR_Kozz

I've been running the pc-dedicated battlefront 1 server for ps2 for a while and recently connected both PC and PS2 to a Netgear router. I was able to host my own rooms but performance was less than optimal and the listed ping was "9998". (This is common on Gamespy's PS2 list). So I forwarded the ports mentioned in this forum and things got better - mostly.

What I'm wondering is, the PS2 battlefront manual recommends forwarding port 27900 to the PS2, and the server lists that same port to forward to the PC for the server. Can it be forwarded to both? Will this create a conflict? Or will the router know when to send data on that port to the pc's address, and when to send it to the ps2 address? Can I just send each port 27900 data packet to both pc and ps2, and count on both machines to discard what they don't need?

I've been having some mike problems since installing the router - my headset is usually a deadset. So I know something ain't quite right.

• 3 months later...

The SWBF instruction book is refering to hosting your games with your Ps2.

If you are running a PC dedicated server then you should foward those ports only to your PC. Where ever the server is running, thats where the ports should be fowarded.

The Mic issue is due to your Ps2 is connecting to the server on a LAN connection instead of over the internet. That is why your PING is so low in your own server, it routes the shortest, fastest route for the connection. I assume you could set up a static routing table on your router to force your Ps2 to connect to your server over the internet, but I haven't been able to figure quite how to do this yet. Hope the info helps, and see you on the battlefield.

Archived