Home

Confused about saber system

UDM

Good to hear that your doing better UDM. The staff and dual will be better balanced in the next version for sure....hopefully...They are a real pain to balance.

Anyways, about the trailer, you can make a little one and post it here on the forums of some killer combat that uses all the available techniques if you want. It would definitely help a bit and show people how this combat it suppose to look (i.e. walking, comboing, faking, strategic parrying, conversions, proper use of the kick, limited but strategic use of low level jumping techniques like sideflip, etc.), although since Razor is not back yet, there's no particular rush because we can't release a new build of Enhanced without him.

If you give a reasonable time to do a training session, I can help too if you want. I helped design the system and could help you learn how not to get owned by Tabbots, although they still kill me from time to time as well depending on how I want to fight them. They are just that tough.

Haha... time wouldn't be a problem. (I'm currently free 15 hours a day.) Ping would be a problem. On a good day, someone connecting from Malaysia would have a minimum ping of 300. Nevertheless, if you could find a suitable server, I could be your Padawan.

Haha... time wouldn't be a problem. (I'm currently free 15 hours a day.) Ping would be a problem. On a good day, someone connecting from Malaysia would have a minimum ping of 300. Nevertheless, if you could find a suitable server, I could be your Padawan.

Hmm, Thats a tough one. OJP Enhanced servers are in a shortage at the moment as it is, and I live in Colorado. If you have a spare computer in your house thats at least a pentium 1.5, you could probably create a server from that and use your faster computer to play, or vice-versa. If you can get just under 300 ping, you should be ok to dual.

So any ideas when Razor's coming home? Then we can discuss the public relations part, and get more servers set up

The truth is, I'm not sure. I thought he would be back by now. He's been gone for over two weeks now and thats a long vacation! He better get back soon, because I'm going on vacation myself in a week and I'm not sure how much internet access I'll have to use to pester him! LOL. Anyways, he should be back soon. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to bed. (zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz)

I was going to suggest emergency mod powers to me and Hocks, but I dont think we need ' em :p

LOL! I don't know what we'd do with them if we had them! Fix bugs?! Code stuff?! Release a version?!! I'd be happy to if I knew how to do any of that crap. Would about you Maxstate? Are you a coding master?! :p If only Ensiform liked Enhanced better maybe he could help us out and share some of the work load with Razor... not that he doesnt give great fixes already.

LOL! I don't know what we'd do with them if we had them! Fix bugs?! Code stuff?! Release a version?!! I'd be happy to if I knew how to do any of that crap. Would about you Maxstate? Are you a coding master?! :p If only Ensiform liked Enhanced better maybe he could help us out and share some of the work load with Razor... not that he doesnt give great fixes already.

Not yet, I am trying to get into an ICT school where htye teach programming though. For now I' ll stick with visuals and animation tweaks if you dont mind :p

Hockney, if you're interested, I could help out in modelling, mapping (I'll try since GTK Radiant's the brother of Doom 3 Radiant), texturing/skinning and digital art-related stuff like photoshop. But I can only do so on MSN, since foruming is taking up too much of my studying time :p

On the sidenote, I'm interested in learning more about:

scripting (razor's agreed to help me out with this in our spare time)

animating (read a few tutorials when working with maya about a year ago, but still very confused for the major part of it)

Help me out, or do it yourself? I've always wanted to learn stuff like animating, modeling, mapping, and scripting, but the fact that I can't get modview to work on my computer has been a major barrier. I stilll might be able to learn how to map though, but I've never had a very good reason to do so until now. Sadly I dont have MSN. If you want to do this yourself, your welcome to.

Does anyone know of a free program that does all the same stuff as modview?

Nah I mean I can teach you what I know about these things :)

For starters you could try out milkshape. It was the first modeller I used, but I never got about to really creating anything with it. It wasn't until using Lightwave (which is commercial software) for Doom 3 that I knew how to model

Archived