Home

You've played too much KotOR when...

RC-1162

Jae, you're seriously scaring me. Please tell me that you haven't had to do this.

My kids are pretty good, and haven't used many 'naughty' words except when they were toddlers and parroted some expletive Jimbo or I uttered. That'll make you clean up your language faster than anything. :)

We're still at the point with my youngest that "The Phone is Ringing" song on the Wonderpets is the height of art, so her language is pretty clean. Last week's episode on letting the puppy out of the stuck dog door so he could go potty made me truly think which was the greater sacrifice--going through hours of labor or sitting through a half hour of this inane show. It was a brief thought, though. It's on NickJr. at 11:30 Eastern weekdays, in case you want to share in this very unique experience.

Thank goodness my oldest has graduated to Battle of the Planets. :D

I've used 'meatbag' a few times, usually in reference to some idiot who has just cut me off on the road. My oldest thinks that's pretty hilarious.

And in the 'you've played too much when....' theme:

--when you wish you had an assassin droid to take out all idiot drivers, especially before they have the opportunity to contribute to the gene pool.

--when you're on a plane and hope Jolee and Atton are not the pilots.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When you take the diamond from your wife's wedding ring and try to install it into your flashlight claiming it's a Solari crystal and that it has great powers.

Oh, don't you dare! That'll earn you meatbag status forever! :D

Influence [Failure]: Lose any husband points you've earned and gain a bazillion negative husband points. :D

Well, actually I'm not married but, when I thought of it, I couldn't resist.

If I were though, I would let her use the saber once she's trained.

Doesn't that count for something? ...you know, share and share alike.

I thought sharing was part of being married. Wouldn't you share your crystal with Jimbo?

A bazillion???

Anyway...

When you think Superman is just a Jedi on LSD.

When you wish you could rename Earth into Naboo.

When you cut off your arm and then attach a previously made robotic arm just so you could be more Anakin.

When you think the flying cars and the look of the city seen in the Fifth Element were stolen from Star Wars' idea of Coruscant and its transportation, instead of being vice versa.

is it vice versa? :D

...when you think George Lucas is Nemo risen from the dead :D

...when you put prefixes for your sentences like: "query" or "statement" everytime you speak.

...when you see two points of glowing red light next to each other in the dark, you psych out because you think HK 47 has been ordered to kill you.

...when your art teacher tells you to draw a ship, you draw the Ebon Hawk (ive done this twice :D)

...when your sister blows a raspberry at you, you try to figure out where she learnt selkath from.

When i was talking to someone on the internet today and we were talking about parents and he was saying how he moved out from his parents house and just wanted to get out. I wanted to ask him more about this as his situation sounds similar to mine but a little thought popped up in my head and it said. "You have asked Lichfield about his parents, he seemed weary to discuss the matter but perhaps he will reveal more about his past later". I kid you not, this came into my head and i thought... right i il ask him about this another time.

Now that's playing kotor too much. But weirder things have happened recently...

When you take the diamond from your wife's wedding ring and try to install it into your flashlight claiming it's a Solari crystal and that it has great powers.

That's a great one.

You legally change your first name to Revan.

You mean you change your job title from Chairman to Darth.

You run for the Supreme Chancellor in order to become Emperor.

When you've been missing for six months and when people ask where you've been all that time you say:''Star Forge''.

Well, actually I'm not married but, when I thought of it, I couldn't resist.

If I were though, I would let her use the saber once she's trained.

Doesn't that count for something? ...you know, share and share alike.

I thought sharing was part of being married. Wouldn't you share your crystal with Jimbo?

Nice try, but no save. ;) Maybe I'd share the diamond if my kids' lives depended on it. OK, Jimbo's, too :D .

Most things we can share just fine. Some things we've decided are not things we can share. After fighting over who had more Thin Mint girl scout cookies one year (it was not pretty), we finally decided we each had to get our own box to preserve our marriage. :)

More things, inspired by all the flying I've done the last few weeks:

When you hook your seat-mate on a flight on playing KOTOR because you have your laptop on your tray table where he can see it.

When you decide that a packed Ebon Hawk still has more seat room than the dinky little seats you're sitting in for several hours on a flight.

When you walk around the airport concourse looking for the seats near electric outlets so you can plug in the laptop to play the game while you wait for your flight. (yes, it's totally geeky, but what else are you going to do for an hour and a half once you've gotten through security and don't have any family or friends to talk to?)

When you compare airplane landings to Ebon Hawk landings (bonus points if the Hawk landings are smoother).

... When you try to use a persuasive power to get a person to jump into a bottomless pit ... not .. that .. ive ... tried that .. or ... anything

that was awesome....and funny too...I liked that moment so hilarious.

...when you load back to the mission where your help Queen Talia fighting Vaklu's army just to go back see how awesome it felt to kill at least 8 people at once with your Shock Storm power thingy.

edit: and after, just walk not run so you can feel cool

You know you've played too much when you have to replace your W key.

When you start looking for Sith fighters when you reach cruising altitude in a plane

When you hit turbulence and want to call T3 to go check out the hyperdrive.

When you wonder why you never see seatbelts on the Ebon Hawk

When you think the Ebon Hawk would be improved with the presence of a really cute flight attendant (of your favorite gender)

When you know that whatever comes out of the food synthesizer on the Hawk has just got to be better than the unidentifiable items found in the 'snack box' that you had to pay good money for.

When you hear a baby cry on the flight and start looking around for gizka.

:)

I have massively pruned this thread, condensed the non-discussion posts, and removed some of the more off-topic posts...

I am officially issuing a warning for this thread, like in the music thread, if you post a funny idea in it more than once in a 12-24 hour period it is considered spamming, and will get this thread closed on the next offence.

Use the 'edit this' post function instead and add your new thoughts to your last post. ;)

Archived