Home

A noob question:how do I make certain attacks stronger

MeleeMaster

I'm trying to figure out how to make punches and other melee attacks stronger because I just cant seem to find the file. I've searched the weapons.dat and animation.(cant remember the file extension) thoroughly. Its probably somewhere in one of those files. at first I thought the punch_impact.efx controlled the damage done but that was just for the dust effects you see when you hit or get it with a punch and/ or kick. Please a little help. Thx in advance.

I want to do it for SP. I'm assuming it's possible according to this thread http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=163472&highlight=Damage which i've been using as a guideline. It doesnt give me a direct answer though. The guy is making an SP MOD and on like the third post he says he and his team had figured out how to change damage etc. I'm assuming for SP. I've been looking throgh the MP SDK and trying to figure things out. Any help appreciated. THX in advance!

Edit:I just looked in the g_weapons.c and the code is very simple. Heck, its not even really in code. So it probably wouldnt be much different for SP.

Note:Read the thread in the link I posted!

you would have to rewrite the MP sdk to do SP stuff and still run in MP engine.there is no SP sdk to work with. even so i think SP is all C++.

Well since SP is different maybe it's not even in the SDK. Maybe its just in a normal file rather than a .dll, you never know.

I know you can go into the assets1.pk3 file, then go inside the ext_data folder then edit weapons.dat to make say the projectiles fire faster, farther distance, and at a higher rate but I don't know how to change weapon damages other than the light saber :/

• 3 weeks later...

Archived